Thread: rc car.

Default rc car.

i just got a rc car from walmart. nothing special just a little 12 dollar thing i was wondering if there is any way to beef it up a bit. i already hooked a 9volt in to it. but other then that idk what else to do. i never messed with anything like this before. soo can i get some ideas please.
    its the yellow chevy camero. in case you was wondering lol
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    Or are you talking about vending machine choice C-4?

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.

video bios flashing guide

Default Re: rc car.

headlights, indicators, tail lights, wind shield wipers, fully automated to your inputs and the weather

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

You can rip out the stock motor and replace it with a higher end one for ~30 bucks. Throw in higher gauge wiring if you're planning on upping the voltages.
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

You could upgrade the drive motor, turning solenoid or motor (I'm assuming it's RWD with steering), and batteries. You can get some great stuff here for nicely cheap prices. Though, by upgrading the drive motor and batteries, you run the risk of blowing the motor controller..which I imagine is probably pretty low tolerance given the price...so you'd probably want to replace that too...and then you'd probably want to replace the wheels and tires... So tbh, you'd probably be better off either starting with a better car, building something from scratch, etc. Really, there's just a limit of what you can do with a $12 R/C car. Think of it like building a computer...and starting with a nettop...there's just a limit to what is possible without replacing basically the entire thing.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

Pretty much. You'd be much better off buying a DIY kit. They're reasonably priced and you get what you pay for.
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler