Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I've been doing a Pretty Crazy Diet

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Default I've been doing a Pretty Crazy Diet

So, since Sept 28th, I've been on an extreme caloric deficient diet. I started at 265.5lbs and I am 6'3". Every morning I have about 3 pieces of bacon or sausage with my vitamins and 2 thermogenic pills. I then have a protein shake on the way to work and another on the way home. I also drink 1.5 liters of water every day.

I eat consume about 560 calories, 140 grams of protein and no more than 30 grams of fat each and every day

As of this morning I weigh 240.5lbs!

This is a milestone, not only because I've dropped 25lbs in 47 days, but because when I hit 239lbs I will finally be just 'overweight' and not obese according to my BMI.

I have no intention of quitting. I told my wife that this is not merely a diet, but a lifestyle change. I do have cheat meals, but I do not plan them in advance, because I've found that I think about them days in advance. This way I can have a cheat meal when it feels like I am dying for a certain food or taste and not just because the 'day' is here.
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: I've been doing a Pretty Crazy Diet

Congrats! I'm curious, by 'lifestyle change' do you mean continuing this specific diet long term? It doesn't seem like this (or any of the 'extreme' diets) would be nutritionally self-supporting for more than a few months...though I know sh** about nutrition, so I could be completely wrong.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

I'm having vitamins every day too. I'd like to do this for at least a year and something modified after that
    WH1T3 0U7
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

There's a lot of research into caloric restriction, and most of it says that it increases longevity considerably, at the cost of mental ability. So, the key to long life is 500-600 calories a day, haha.

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

If you stick to a low-cal diet for too long you'll lose quite a bit of muscle mass and kill your metabolism, especially with prolonged use of thermos.
    I'd cycle low-cal/off thermos to a ~1500 cal of healthy foods/on thermos or even low-cal to high protein/weight lifting if you're set with that decision. Or you can do HCG, 30.9lbs in 33 days.
    Great job btw, that's gotta be hard as hell to stick to a low-cal diet for that long.
    Just a note: 140g of protein = 560 cal and 30g of fat would be another 270.
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzKillington View Post
    Just a note: 140g of protein = 560 cal and 30g of fat would be another 270.
    I don't get what you're saying....
    WH1T3 0U7

HCG
    It's one thing to do it yourself, it's another to start suggesting this extreme sort of thing to someone else.

Helthy weight loss means eating no less than 1200 calories a day (that's a little low anyway. Bulk your food out with large amounts of raw vegetables, cut all saturated fat out and stick to under 30g fat a day, cut out most carbs and all processed sugars. A good rule of thumb is to make up your 1200-1500 calories a day and then bulk out with raw fruit and vegetables...

Does anyone on this website try to lose weight in a sensible fashion?! How about portion control and exercise?!

I only eat around 1800 calories a day, low fat/high protein. I have lost 15 lbs since march and have kept it off. (was at 195 now I hover around 180)

I cut sugar mostly out of my diet and went from 205 to 195 too. (the majority of that was cutting soda out of my diet completely for a while then drinking diet soda every once in a while after about 3-4 months)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

30.9lbs in 33 days.
    Not to criticize, and again I must emphasize my near complete ignorance on the matter, but I cannot see how that can be healthy...what are the long-term effects of the body losing the much mass in that short amount of time? IDK, I've always been blessed with an unusually high metabolism, so I've never had a weight problem...maybe I would feel differently if I had. I just try and eat semi-healthy foods (cook stuff instead of frozen/etc, use fresh ingredients, etc), and not eat too much, and I'm good. I have started putting on a few pounds (~5-10) over the last couple years because of my job (sitting in front of a computer all day), and I keep meaning start an exercise schedule, but I never quite get around to it... Yeah, I know, 5-10 pounds sounds like I'm complaining about nothing in the context here, but I've never had any discernible body fat in my life, so that small amount is noticeable to me (5'6", ~145lbs).
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

You noobs I cut out soda/pop altogether except for the cane sugar birch beer and lost a pound a day for about two weeks after the caffeine cycled out. that being said now i have hit a brick wall that even healthy eating hasn't over come
    Regedit'ed, Rooted, and Jailbroke anymore questions?
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”