Thread: screen stutter.

Default screen stutter.

i have noticed since ive been using using dual monitors i have been getting stuttering. even when i dont do anything. but it mostly happens when i look at pics and videos and stuff like that. im thinking maybe drivers becuase it happen on my 4870 as well. but it never happens with only one monitor. i have a 19 wide and a 19 all around. the wide is 1400x 900 the other is 1280 x 1024/ they both are samsungs. wide is syncmaster 920 wm the normal one is syncmaster 930 A. i have a 5830.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    Or are you talking about vending machine choice C-4?

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.

video bios flashing guide

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: screen stutter.

I actually had this happen a while ago after yet another system reconfiguration. Try reseating all your monitor cables, that fixed mine (btw, no, just tightening them didn't work, I had to fully reseat them).
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    I actually had this happen a while ago after yet another system reconfiguration. Try reseating all your monitor cables, that fixed mine (btw, no, just tightening them didn't work, I had to fully reseat them).
    i just didi it and it sorta fixed the issue but its still pretty bad tho. any other ideas?

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

DVI, I assume? The only thing I can think is that there's a loose connection somewhere, maybe a pinched wire in the cable? Try straightening it out at the plugs. The only other thing I can think is maybe a driver issue. If it does it consistently, you could try booting to a Linux livedisk and see if it still does it.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

im in windows 7 64 bit ultimate i have unplugged both montiors tried 3 diffrent connections plus the adapter. and i even lowered the res. its getting worse. i just installed the ati drivers the new ones

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.

i got it. turns out samsng tech support sucks. i had to give the lady the right driver becuase shes couldn't find my driver that iw as looking for. then she told me to try the bad driver again so i just said eff it and install the wide screen drivers for the full screen so far so good.

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.