Thread: What should I get?

Fresh Paint

Default What should I get?

I'm getting a GTX 275, a NZXT Guardian 921RB two Black Light UV Cathode tubes (10cm or 20cm, what should I get?) and some UV sensitive sleeves.

What else should I get? I want to focus on aesthetics and cooling, I want my PC to be like a freezer.

I can't afford water cooling, even though it looks wonderful.

Since I'm buying so much I don't have that much money left over, so what should I spend it on? I'm looking for something to make it look nice on the inside, and maybe also cool at the same time.

Fresh Paint

Default Re: What should I get?

Also, what are the necessities for a water cooling system? Just the bare minimum.

Is there a way to replace the tubes of a closed-loop water cooling system so that they're see-through, so it can be filled with UV reactive coolant instead?

Fresh Paint

And another thing, from what I've seen, the NZXT Guardian front is a very shiny plastic, what would be the best way to paint it to make it matte? Would it be easy to remove the front panel and use an aerosol spray paint?

You could buy some UV Sensitive Paint. I believe Xoxide sells small canisters especially for modders that comes in different colors. Turn that bland bare metal into something a bit more aesthetically appealing?

The bare minimum of a water cooling loop includes:

Pump
    Radiator
    Water Block(s)
    Tubing & Clamps
    Coolant

I believe that's all you would need to run a water cooling loop.

You can get clear tubing for water cooling loops and fill them with UV reactive coolant. It's a pretty popular thing to do among PC water cooling enthusiasts and the like.

The best way to replace a shiny paint job with a matte paint job is to rough it up with sandpaper first and then paint it. Make sure that you hold the aerosol canister at a distance so as not to cause paint dripping or an uneven spray, where it's thicker in some areas and thinner in other areas. Well, that's not the *best* way, just a basic way with some decent tips. I'm no expert with matte paint, so maybe someone can give better advice.

Just make sure you don't cheap out on aerosol canisters. Cheap canisters like to sputter and/or don't give very even/fine sprays. I forget what brands are the best, I'm sure someone can suggest some trusted brands though.

Hope that helps!

Fresh Paint

I'll have a look around to see if I can find some guides about the UV paint. But can you explain a bit about it? What would I paint with it? The entire inside of the case or just parts?

The front of the case is plastic I think, would that method work spraying the paint directly onto a smooth plastic?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothair View Post
    You could buy some UV Sensitive Paint. I believe Xoxide sells small canisters especially for modders that comes in different colors. Turn that bland bare metal into something a bit more aesthetically appealing?

The bare minimum of a water cooling loop includes:

Pump
    Radiator
    Water Block(s)
    Tubing & Clamps
    Coolant

I believe that's all you would need to run a water cooling loop.

You can get clear tubing for water cooling loops and fill them with UV reactive coolant. It's a pretty popular thing to do among PC water cooling enthusiasts and the like.

The best way to replace a shiny paint job with a matte paint job is to rough it up with sandpaper first and then paint it. Make sure that you hold the aerosol canister at a distance so as not to cause paint dripping or an uneven spray, where it's thicker in some areas and thinner in other areas. Well, that's not the *best* way, just a basic way with some decent tips. I'm no expert with matte paint, so maybe someone can give better advice.

Just make sure you don't cheap out on aerosol canisters. Cheap canisters like to sputter and/or don't give very even/fine sprays. I forget what brands are the best, I'm sure someone can suggest some trusted brands though.

Hope that helps!

dont forget fittings! lol
    Not dead yet

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic View Post
    I'll have a look around to see if I can find some guides about the UV paint. But can you explain a bit about it? What would I paint with it? The entire inside of the case or just parts?

The front of the case is plastic I think, would that method work spraying the paint directly onto a smooth plastic?

Thanks.
    You can paint whatever you like, but I was referring to the bare metal on the inside of the case itself. But then again, that might be too "glow-y". So perhaps paint bits and pieces with UV paint and use regular paint for the bare metal? I've always liked white instead of bare metal. It makes it look like a nice clean show-casing garage. But the UV lights would turn the white purple... that wouldn't be a bad thing, but be advised I suppose. Just pick whatever color you like best, really. I just think it'd make the inside of the case look that much nicer.

They do make spray paint for plastic. I believe Krylon makes it? It's called Krylon Fusion if I remember right. Not too bad of a brand from what I've heard, either.

Fittings would be advisable.