A big old Tease Apparently DonT-FeaR's Avatar

Default Re: Project Stealthlow

very nice cant wait for more mate
    Quote Originally Posted by Drum Thumper View Post
    you tease!

Now making cases for the heck of it =) Waynio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Hey, I just thought of something... You should ask slaveofconvention to pick up a 2D drill press vise and bring it back on the plane (note: I'm not volunteering him, just a suggestion ). I happen to know they have a car and there are two Harbor Freight's in Las Vegas.... Even if you have to pay him for an extra baggage weight fee (idk what airline he's using) and ship it to you once he's over there, but I imagine even so it would be a lot cheaper than normal shipping. Just a thought.
    Sounds a great idea & thanks for the thoughtful offer of help 88 but I need every bit of money so I can get a new sandy bridge system, I even skipped the steam xmas sales to let the money raise lol .

Quote Originally Posted by DonT-FeaR View Post
    very nice cant wait for more mate
    I'll have an update ready later today , the fan holders stuck together nicely, there was a hiccup but was easily fixed, it did have me a little worried at first though, I'll show the hiccup in the update too lol.

Jig for the pieces with holes, 2 seperate layers to save space.

The stick bunches.

Hiccup of adhesive bonding the pieces to the chip board, D'oh.

Had to line up a piece of wood on the floor & whack away with a mallet to release them, the stick bunches stayed intact but messy .

Did a quick dry fit trying out all 3 holders.

Sanded down all the chip board & whilst I was at it I blended the stick bars together to make them seamless.

Then combined them all how I wanted them about an hour ago by sticking them together, so need to let them set & cure for a few hours at least, the day is still young so I might be able to wet sand them all later in the evening for a perfect finish so another update today is possible, it'll take a fair bit of wet sanding though :thumb:.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Looks like a perfect fit.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Looks like a perfect fit.
    Yeah thought I possibly milled a little too much out with the step I added, not so ahh .

Quote Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
    Sounds a great idea & thanks for the thoughtful offer of help 88 but I need every bit of money so I can get a new sandy bridge system, I even skipped the steam xmas sales to let the money raise lol .
    Now that's dedication.
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field

Quote Originally Posted by msmrx57 View Post
    Now that's dedication.
    Wasn't easy watching some awesome deals pass me by but been on socket 775 & ddr2 for too long lol.

I was really wanting to order gigabytes p67-ud7 but at £285 it takes the p so I am no longer loyal to gigabyte, they out priced themselves .

So I had a good look through others that have ok overclocking ability, 8 sata ports & have good reviews on them, no need for multi gpu or some other advanced features so I got my eye fixed on a ASUS P8P67 Deluxe at £185, then researched a little more & settled for the ASUS P8P67 Pro at £140 , asus is a brand I dodged like the plague as I had nothing but faulty boards in the past but gigabyte prices convinced me to give them another try & they have the funky looking BIOS so that might be nice .
    So this enabled me to buy some other bits so I ordered a corsair 850w 100% modular psu, 3 enermax apollish white led fans, prolimatech megahalems heatsink anodised black , & when I get the money for the gigabyte hd 5870 I just sold I'll be able to buy a i5-2500k when they release on sunday .
    Already received the ram I ordered the other day, it's ocz platinum 1600mhz 6,8,6,24 so should be good & is normal height heatsink so no problems with air cooling .

Did a few hours wet sanding then called it quits @ midnight, I'll finish them off tomorrow, got 1 of them close to perfect though so far, the one with the fan in , they all only had a simple wipe down with tissue, once they are to a standard I can't fault I'll wash them properly & call them complete .

Got all the system parts ordered now & should have them on Monday, the spec will be.

Corsair Pro Gold AX850 PSU
    ASUS P8P67 Pro Intel P67
    I5 2500K
    Prolimatech Megahalems Black
    4GB OCZ Platinum 1600mhz 6,8,6,18

I've got these fan holders extremely smooth all over now but still parts here & there aren't seamless, truly is a monstrously tedious part of the mod, don't know if I can take another day of trying to make them seamless lol, anyway I won't bore you all with any more pictures of these until I get the apollish fans lit up inside them, the original goal was just to get them all perfectly aligned which I achieved but then the goal turned into trying to make them seamless so rather than waste more time on these I want to see what they look like lit up before I do any more on them which means upper level time, hope it goes smoothly & no major hiccups .

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

They look awesome, I can't wait to see the top.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV