Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Stealthlow

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Default Re: Project Stealthlow

yea they're fine now, my P4 work computer was just buggin out from the sheer awesomeness

Now making cases for the heck of it =) Waynio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    yea they're fine now, my P4 work computer was just buggin out from the sheer awesomeness
    LOL .
    Gotta say it is so much nicer doing a case with a plan, really simplifies it all .

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

yes, yes it does. I found that out doing my Tempest SXR mod. if it weren't for sketchup, building that thing would have been a lot harder

hahaha thats the best thing ever.

and sketchup is awesome, the little I have played with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Looks like an awesome plan. And yes, reciprocating saws are awesome. ..never used a pneumatic on before though..hmm...
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Cant wait to see more pictures!

yes, yes it does. I found that out doing my Tempest SXR mod. if it weren't for sketchup, building that thing would have been a lot harder
    Thank goodness for the awesomely free sketchup .

Quote Originally Posted by billygoat333 View Post
    hahaha thats the best thing ever.

and sketchup is awesome, the little I have played with it.

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Looks like an awesome plan. And yes, reciprocating saws are awesome. ..never used a pneumatic on before though..hmm...
    Never tried an electric one but being able to control the speed from the pressure is saweeeeet & so are the blades it takes, you can basically mod a hacksaw blade to work with it, so awesome , not only that but I've done a ton of cutting with the 1 blade & is still great for cutting more.

Quote Originally Posted by jpmeyer038 View Post
    Cant wait to see more pictures!
    Neither can I , the only thing slowing the pace down now is my sleep pattern sometimes goes out of sync like last night, didn't get to sleep til 5am so woke up late but I'll get the rest of the marking done with the rest of today & start the cutting tomorrow, marking takes much longer than cutting for getting the initial sized pieces.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
    Never tried an electric one but being able to control the speed from the pressure is saweeeeet & so are the blades it takes, you can basically mod a hacksaw blade to work with it, so awesome , not only that but I've done a ton of cutting with the 1 blade & is still great for cutting more.
    Heheh, yup, I love them. Several times over the years when my dad has done various home improvement stuff and needed to cut a hole in an outside wall, they make it really easy. Just cut off all water/electric/etc to the wall (just in case), drill a hole through it at a corner of the cut you want to make, put a biga** blade on the saw, and just cut through the whole thing.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Heheh, yup, I love them. Several times over the years when my dad has done various home improvement stuff and needed to cut a hole in an outside wall, they make it really easy. Just cut off all water/electric/etc to the wall (just in case), drill a hole through it at a corner of the cut you want to make, put a biga** blade on the saw, and just cut through the whole thing.
    So utterly glad the dremel was done for at the time otherwise I may have not tried it lol.

Got all the marking up done yesterday .

Another bit I was slightly worried about was cutting the acrylic, worried if the saw cracks it so tested it out on a small

corner first & it did the job fine at a lower pressure .

Cut the pci/IO pieces & the hdd fan holders to size.

I coloured the cut to size bits for the acrylic white on the checklist.

Tomorrow I'll hopefully put the disc sander to use & get the aluminium & acrylic slimmed down to the precise sizes needed, then they will be ready for marking up again for details .