Page 40 of 55 FirstFirst ... 30353637383940414243444550 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Stealthlow

Now making cases for the heck of it =) Waynio's Avatar

Default Re: Project Stealthlow

Quote Originally Posted by licenseless View Post
    my new favorite thing is doing time lapse photos... then using windows7 and havint it change the background image every ten seconds and pull from a single folder containing all the orginized images .... so that my back ground image is a timelapse haahahah

it looks cool and if stuff moves thre the sky slow enough u barely notice the change
    Sounds pretty cool, could do one of a day night cycle of various times of year so you could have the sunny feel of summer in the peak of winter .

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

someone was having fun with the camera settings.

and you could scroll saw a cow in half with that thing man... wth LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    someone was having fun with the camera settings.

and you could scroll saw a cow in half with that thing man... wth LOL
    Yeah, thought it was a good idea to familiarize myself with it before taking progress shots & yeah it's a silly big scroll saw but had a first go on it earlier & I love it so nice & easy changing blades & no vibrations at all on slow speed which is what I'll mostly be using for metal & acrylic .

Got the scroll saw temporarily set up & ready for action in the cellar at long last, still ned to make a custom table for it's permanent usage & the tripod arrived today so took a bunch of pictures of the case & I think I'll manage to keep this lens as a primary lens , finally started to resize the pictures for easier uploading but I'll keep the original raw full res images backed up.

In extreme close up this shows why I was considering flipping it to the other side quite a few of the countersinking went very un-smooth.

Also I seemed to have got up to speed on taking shots without the need of taking multiple shots so that little practice play the other day really helped .

Tomorrow I start on the full length clamp strips .

Back in action

Got all the strips cut to size on the new scroll saw these are 1 metre strips, 25mm x 1mm alu, 20mm x 1mm copper, 10mm x 1mm alu, just need to add bevels on all the edges.

Quote Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
    Back in action

NICE!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by licenseless View Post
    NICE!!!!!!

Here is an alternative grill I designed & made today, the copper mess is sorted now I flipped it over & countersunk deep but did it on a slight angle & they all went nice & smooth, got a tip from PabloFunky & he meant something else but it worked lol .

Soooo glad to get this moving again .

Wow, just had an epic session to make up for my bro hogging the garage so just carried on until 3:30 AM lol rather than running back & forth to the house I had a couple of beers & would have gone all night if I needed to to get these strips done .

I need to get an extra memory card for my kodak or an alternative lens that can take pics at a closer range, the kodak has enough room for 6 or 7 pictures with it's internal memory.

Anyway, the good stuff I straightened the strips & marked all the edges so I know they get a perfect bevel.

Gave them all a bevel.

Then took all the rough stuff off with a file as it was quicker & then gave a good sanding with 240 grit & then brushed them & also brushed the front panel.

Here I just used clamps to hold the strips in place while I drilled the mounting holes, just 1 at the top & 1 at the bottom & tapped the alu curve bar & added helicoils.

Before I called it a day I decided to add the extra holes on the copper front panel mesh so there were no blank spots behind the grill but on my last hole the drill whacked the panel right out of shape & it was double clamped tightly so not sure why this happened, but it was still hot from all the drilling & countersinking so I whacked away with a mallet against the flat piece on the vice, got it to a straightened out form but man it was way out of shape, thought I'd definitely need to redo it :eeek:.

By the way thank you voigts for suggesting full length tab strips, they are awesome & thanks to everyone else for keep on reminding me they were the way to go .

Need 4 hands for installing the copper curved vents so left them out for this shoot & the strip tabs still need trimming down on both ends & the internal tabs need shortening a bit but that is a tiny task compared to what I just done .

And wow I forgot to name the pictures lol.

Now onto the good shots or as good as can be when it's the middle of the night .

Hmmm the front panel caught a few scratches which I'll sort out & the strips will need re brushing because of the clamps.

Custom Title Honors

those strips make all the difference in the world. they really give it a finished off look.

Quote Originally Posted by xr4man View Post
    those strips make all the difference in the world. they really give it a finished off look.
    Thanks mate yeah much nicer than the little tabs .

This build just got even better!

Those strips were exactly what it needed. It looks so smooth and clean now. I just can't believe what a difference it made. I like it before but now I LOVE it.

Great job on this thing. Keep up the good work.
    Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid. - John Wayne