Thread: Project Stealthlow

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Default Re: Project Stealthlow

awesome job on the power supply!

Now making cases for the heck of it =) Waynio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fuganater View Post
    awesome job on the power supply!
    Cheers Fuganater I was pretty chuffed when I seen it fits together nicely & doesn't come apart without some force, honestly since I started printing & sticking my designs everything has been spot on & saves me so much time on prepping doing manual marking etc, I used to find marking pretty tedious & also making my designs sometimes a little inaccurate also, so glad I figured you can print your designs in sketchup, I bought a student license so I could use layout but I'm yet to figure out how to print anything bigger than A4 size.

The new sata cable hider is 260mm long with 4mm more depth also OMG I just hope it fits like the current one, that would be a total crapper if it isn't aligned the same but it should be & I've just realised if I get the sata data cables half sleeved & get this new cable hider installed I think all I need to do then is install the RGB lighting tomorrow & do the final photo shoots so I'll get onto doing the sata cables in 5 min .

I decided to not sleeve the sata cables, would have been too bulky so even harder to manage but I installed the new bigger cable hider & wow if I made it even 1mm deeper the side panel wouldn't have gone on so the cables are tucked up so it all looks neat now, I even made an end cap that I'll stick on the top, just need to brush it, lacquer it & then stick it on top.

Now I'm just waiting for the extra RGB stuff to come so I can complete this, should be here from 4pm to 5pm so should be able to complete it today & get the final photos up tomorrow evening providing there are no more problems .

The phobya RGB strips are garbage I found out why 1 of the 60cm strips were working temperamentally & it had broke around the solder points, the other worked ok but on the cable side, 2 of the 30cm ones inside the fan holders worked but the 3rd didn't & couldn't figure out why so I've had enough of these garbage RGB strips from phobya & have ripped them out & thrown them aside never to be used or sold as they aren't good enough to sell IMO, can't believe how much time I've wasted with them, I only originally wanted subtle lighting anyway so I must have lost the plot a bit going fully & brightly lit up .

I have another idea that I should have done in the first place for lighting the stick bars on the fan holders, heaps cheaper & not a pile of clutter & awkward sized boxes to stash. Opal frosted acrylic, it lights up really well with a good single bright LED plugged into it so with the now empty 5mm gaps on each end of the fan holders I will place some of that inside & bung a normal LED inside each one & do some experimenting with some of my own lighting ideas (back to true modding yay ), just wish I went this way originally, would have saved time & money.

So yeah completed photos not just yet sadly or is it sadly, means there is some good modding to come .

Got an order in for frosted opal acrylic & chrome vinyl for experimenting & possible sweet solution to my lighting problem .

---------------

End of weekend quiet update without pictures .

Not been a wasted weekend really, covered the hard drive labels with copper foil tape, took the blue msi logos off the mobo, took the brand names & labels off the gpu & soundcard & scraped the green uv paint off the edge of the soundcard & then run a black marker over it .

So everything is done & waiting for me to get a lighting solution sorted now & then I believe I can call it completed I did start taking some pictures of the bottom section but the battery ran out so couldn't finish & get them on the pc, probably for best anyway, would be nice to make the next update the final photo shoots .

A few night photos & these were taken before I tried the new lighting I just finished doing the wire work on them, it's not for definite but I wired 4 led's to loosely sit on both sides of the holders which should provide a nice little boost of light for the stick bars so depends on if I like them or not if they stay final or not, for the main section I decided to just use 1 of the 30cm white led strips which I might lay some tinting film over if it's too bright so should have completed photos up real soon as it's just a matter of getting a mini flood of great finished photos which might take a couple of days to capture it as best as I can .

I found after taking the led strips & diffusing paper from the holders the 5mm gaps on both sides allowed a tiny bit of light from the fans & the plastic chrome looked nice but is hard to photograph perfect, taking good pictures of lighting is difficult to capture it as good as how the eye sees it but wow I think I've got far better at night shots .

I applied copper foil tape to where the hdd labels were, bought a big 300mm x 1000mm sheet, they look a lot better than what they did .

Now I'll get onto installing all these freshly wired lights & then get onto doing the final photos .

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

I like it.

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

I SO want to see this case in person!
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

Quote Originally Posted by Fuganater View Post
    I like it.
    Thanks Fuganater .

Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    I SO want to see this case in person!
    Thanks AmEv .

Got to work on a photo finish outside, flipping english weather it started raining so had to rush it into the garage I have a load of black cloth though from when I did the photo-shoot on air cube so got a board of chipboard & threw the black cloth on it & pegged it up lifting & turning as I went but I started too late in the day as it started getting dark plus I totally forgot about the white foam mounting tape I resorted to using for the rgb strip on the cable side so another photo-shoot is definitely needed with that ugly white foam tape removed so this is the first photo-shoot of 2 or 3, probably 3 because of me not removing the white tape & 1 of the photo-shoots will be night shots.

On with the show .

This is final photo-shoot 1 of 2 or 3.

This good? .

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

This is one thing I love about this hobby.

I personally don't care for the overall design of this case. To be honest I didn't when I first saw it in the planning stages, but modding is all about making something your own and I wasn't about to talk down someone else's art.

Having said that, it doesn't in any way detract from the incredible workmanship demonstrated here. It's just absolutely beautiful work, obviously a labor of love, and the fit and finish are categorically awesome. You've taken a vision I saw during the design stage and made it a reality, and you've come a LONG way since Frankencase and Air Cube V1.

Positively inspiring finish, my friend. If the project I just started comes out as well as this I will be thrilled. You set the bar.

“Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”