Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545505152535455

Thread: Project Stealthlow

Now making cases for the heck of it =) Waynio's Avatar

Default Re: Project Stealthlow

Stop SOPA indeed, that thing is absolute crap hope it doesn't go through, it's way to crap I read it could even get people singing their favourite songs into trouble, it's truly ridiculas .

Final upcoming build ramble & new concept picture dump before I get busy & create the first post for the new thread .

Took in the first delivery of sheet alu today, 1 of the sheets is 1650x1000 & came on a pallet which wasn't included in the postage cost usually £50 on top of the standard £15 so they were kept in perfect condition, this is the first time I've ordered alu sheet since my first scratch build where the sheets are in 100% perfect condition & has the nice plastic backing on both sides of all of them, the alu plate & bars should be here tomorrow so I have an ultra cluttered cellar to sort out so I can use the scroll saw there, that big sheet of alu is going to be fun to cut up & theres virtually no room for error I'll need to sort out a make shift cutting platform to do this.

The place I bought the alu from now offer anodising & fabrication so have asked them for a price list on that & what the process is for letting them do the anodising so might use them once it's all ready for it.

Anyway with all the excess waiting I put more time into the design, made the gaming rig side panels flow in line better & done some new design for the wood panels they aren't final, I'm considering using a mix of 3 gorgeous different woods, Cocobolo, Ebony & Maple or Oak, I'll have to get these woods in turning blanks & slither the needed thickness off & make sure they are absolutely flat & then join them together to create bigger sheets, so this is a project where I include some jolly nice wood work mostly for nice accents been rather inspired by the awesome wood workers of modding & had sooo much spare time I even downloaded textures to represent the mod a little bit better.

The wood part of the project will be 1 of the last things to do on this though so I'll probably be able to raise the cash to get a plunge saw or table saw by then to get it done much better than struggling with the scroll saw & hefty sanding sessions, the frames around the gaming case sides & top will either be Oak as shown or polished alu semi circle mould bars as shown, both will be nice I expect but think wooden ones will make the build more like a well merged dual rig & this is why I'm choosing brown tint acrylic for the windows otherwise the only thing the 2 rigs will have in common will be the wavy lines, I would have opted for real wood veneer but it would be hell to do it well on the inside edges so solid real woods is my best option which will allow me to curve edges also without the need for potentially expensive vacuum veneering but might make a chest of draws which I'll veneer for this to stand on in the center of my room so I can admire it properly .

Last picture dump before the new thread & sorry to anyone who is bugged by me doing it this way :blush: I just don't want to start a new thread without any actual work done but wanted to show what's next but the more projects I do the more you will know I'm not one for showing a promising project only to not do it I am 100% dedicated now & have been since ordering the materials last week .

I'm undecided on the wood panels & like both but think the right side has more style.

I'll be doing this in a pretty random order & still not ordered the acrylic yet with having a change of mind for the colours but think I'm good with this colour theme so can get it ordered now been thinking of what to tackle first on the alu work & would have been the 10mm alu plate but won't have that until tomorrow so think I'll first just get things cut to rough size from the big sheets & then do the new thread.

Still think I'm well on track to make the new thread with some actual progress this weekend .

I still have no idea for a good name for this so it's either LAG or even MAG for mean & green or Perfuntion I just don't know but whatever I choose I'll stick with, MAG seems ok I guess, better than LAG, yeah I suck at making names for projects .

Very nice render, will be watching! going to be using wood in the new project? (did you already say that and I missed it? lol)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Quote Originally Posted by billygoat333 View Post
    Very nice render, will be watching! going to be using wood in the new project? (did you already say that and I missed it? lol)
    Thanks billygoat & yes I'll be adding some wood for the first time to one of my projects & not just 1 type but 3 types lol , just ordered Cocobolo, Ebony & Maple wood in the form of turning blanks so I'll have to slither the needed thickness off them & join them together, should be very nice if I can manage doing all what I intend to on this.

Trying to wait until I have everything ready to get stuck into this so I also need to stock up on scroll saw blades & a few drill bits would drive me mad if if had to pause for a week for more blades in the middle of a piece so I'll wait until I have everything to try & prevent hold ups .

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

As always, I'm nervous about top-heavy-ishisness.
    Keep up the great work!
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    As always, I'm nervous about top-heavy-ishisness.
    Keep up the great work!
    Thanks AmEv got the cellar sorted now, took forever , still waiting for blades & drill bits but I should at least be able to make a start on cutting the sheets to size which I'll do over the coming days, maybe even tomorrow once I have them cut up I'll make the new thread .

Quote Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
    once I have them cut up I'll make the new thread
    Was starting to wonder about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field