Thread: Xbox 360 controller wierdness

Default Xbox 360 controller wierdness

So I bought two new black, wired xbox 360 controllers yesterday. And when I plug them both into the xbox they both take the same slot. They both become player one, two or whatever. Every time. If I plug them into the computer they take different slots, Player one and player two, etc. And only one of the controllers will respond at any given time (the one plugged in most recently). My camera's battery has run out but I think you get the idea. Anyone that has seen something similar?
    Projects: RGB Tower - Custom CPU water block

Watching someone else use your computer is like watching a drunk orangutan solve a rubix cube. They have no idea what they're doing and you just wish they'd hand you the damn thing so you can do it yourself.
    -TheOatmeal

Custom Title Honors Liquid_Scope_99's Avatar

Default Re: Xbox 360 controller wierdness

i think there is a setting you can go to change one to player i know there is on ps3 cant remember on xbox i will check when i get home .

Hope this helps man

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you..._your_Xbox_360

Thanks but that is for the wireless controllers. This happened with wired controllers connected to different ports. Why I think it's so wierd.

Watching someone else use your computer is like watching a drunk orangutan solve a rubix cube. They have no idea what they're doing and you just wish they'd hand you the damn thing so you can do it yourself.
    -TheOatmeal

hmm.. that is weird, did you try plugging one into the back usb port on the system?
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Tried every possible combination. The latest black controller plugged in will instantly override the first one plugged in and take it slot rendering the first one useless.

-TheOatmeal

have you had any issues with any other USB devices in your system? such as memory drives, ipods, network adapter, etc? sounds like it might be a usb issue on your system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Well, it's an xbox. I haven't tried putting anything else in the ports except controllers. And the white ones work fine, or if I'm only using one black controller. If I use both black controllers it doesn't work anymore. Maybe M$ is a bit racists? :p

-TheOatmeal

Fresh Paint

I'm having the exact same problem with my two black wired controllers. The other two white wireless ones work fine.

Tried google'ing this but got no solutions.

Did you get your controllers working already?

No solutions as far as I know. Went back to the store and got two new which both work perfectly. Case closed.

-TheOatmeal