Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: goals.

Default goals.

ive had this goal set for me since i was 13. the goal is that if i deiced to follow a career path for computers i would work for myself. well 5 years later. i may actually have that chance already. and im not even out of high school. im kind of nervous about it falling threw tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    Or are you talking about vending machine choice C-4?

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.

video bios flashing guide

Default Re: goals.

Thats great man! Theres tons of opportunities in the tech field, especially for people who want to work for themselves.

Entrepreneurship has become one of my hobbies in the past few years. Theres just something about knowing that you get to make the decisions that is extremely awesome. But thats rockin', what particularly are you looking at doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Aero View Post
    Thats great man! Theres tons of opportunities in the tech field, especially for people who want to work for themselves.

Entrepreneurship has become one of my hobbies in the past few years. Theres just something about knowing that you get to make the decisions that is extremely awesome. But thats rockin', what particularly are you looking at doing?
    well this guy i met wanted me to do cad work for him, then he asked em if i could put 7 on his home computer. turns out he dosn't want me for cad he wants to open up a shop in his town and let me run a repair shop out of his basement. i only have to give him some of the profits the other stuff he will take care of.

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.

That's an amazing achievement, I'd be very pleased if I were you.

I don't like to get autobiographical, but I'd offer one piece of advice. My father was a consultant and aged 18 I imagined myself as a tech. A few years of tech support later, I'm in university and I've got technical skills I'd never dreamed of.

I'm not saying don't do it; do it! The sky's the limit. Just keep your training options open.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.walrus View Post
    That's an amazing achievement, I'd be very pleased if I were you.

I don't like to get autobiographical, but I'd offer one piece of advice. My father was a consultant and aged 18 I imagined myself as a tech. A few years of tech support later, I'm in university and I've got technical skills I'd never dreamed of.

I'm not saying don't do it; do it! The sky's the limit. Just keep your training options open.
    oh yeah i plan on still going to school. i know ive just scratched the surface with the computer thing.

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Working for yourself is great, just make sure you follow the tax laws in your area 100% to the letter. I have been working for myself since 21 and I love it. It can be a bit scary / stressful at times. Especially when business is slow.

The biggest piece of advice I can offer you is to set yourself up with a salary or only pay yourself a % of your gross income. Turn the rest around back into your business. When your business becomes large enough to sustain itself through at least 3 months of no work, then you can think about paying yourself more.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneslowz28 View Post
    Working for yourself is great, just make sure you follow the tax laws in your area 100% to the letter. I have been working for myself since 21 and I love it. It can be a bit scary / stressful at times. Especially when business is slow.

The biggest piece of advice I can offer you is to set yourself up with a salary or only pay yourself a % of your gross income. Turn the rest around back into your business. When your business becomes large enough to sustain itself through at least 3 months of no work, then you can think about paying yourself more.
    well im not going to have to worry about the taxes and all that. it will be technically mine ran by me with no interference. but i told the guy i want him as the owner of it and all that stuff so i dont have to deal with the taxes and stuff. if things turn out really well and i see this is the career path i choose then he has agreed he will turn it over to me.hes just going to take about 5% or so of what i make.

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.

Good luck with it.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blaze15301 View Post
    well im not going to have to worry about the taxes and all that. it will be technically mine ran by me with no interference. but i told the guy i want him as the owner of it and all that stuff so i dont have to deal with the taxes and stuff. if things turn out really well and i see this is the career path i choose then he has agreed he will turn it over to me.hes just going to take about 5% or so of what i make.
    Make sure you get all that in writing. Obviously I don't know the guy, so I'm not trying to make a character judgment, just better safe than sorry.

And congrats! Good luck with this.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

lol oh yeah i plan on getting a contract written up on all this.

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.