Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: I promised I'd post it. My 924 project (pic heavy)

Default Re: I promised I'd post it. My 924 project (pic heavy)

Yep, those are disc brakes alright! Haha! Looking good, dude!

I may have missed it, but did you make any other changes to the braking system? Master cylinder bore, proportioning valve, etc?
    Current Projects
    -1979 Jeep DJ5 "Mail Jeep"
    -1981 Chevrolet K10

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Wait a minute! I'm starting to think this isn't a computer mod
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Quote Originally Posted by altec View Post
    Yep, those are disc brakes alright! Haha! Looking good, dude!

I may have missed it, but did you make any other changes to the braking system? Master cylinder bore, proportioning valve, etc?
    Not yet, those will be on the way shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatSatan View Post
    Wait a minute! I'm starting to think this isn't a computer mod
    Lol neither are the other eleventy billion threads in the misc section! Lol I missed your posts though man. Was glad to see you were on here when I registered on here. I remember you from twistedmods, do you remember me? (KoiHoshi previously)

I have to get rid of my boredom somehow. Says to post things you are happy to have tweaked, and i am happy to tweak cars

Alright so I got the rest of the brake install finished. However, because the steering knuckles and balljoint mounts were different sizes I ended up having to upgrade to 944 arms and balljoints. Technically, this is a GOOD thing because they are a lot beefier and really don't add much weight. I'll get pics of the before and after once parts come in. Probably will be a few days. However, I had to post pics since I had a little fun with carbon fiber.

I am going to be doing a switched setup to control the power to the main relays for safety reasons. But with having made a half dash, I had nowhere to mount them. A buddy of mine works at a CF shop, so whenever he gets CF he can't use, or scrap CF, or CF that didn't turn out right that can still be used but not sold, he gives some to me. Feeds my addiction and it gives me the chance to tinker.

In this case he had some flat media which was PERFECT for a switch panel, it had bubbles, so he couldn't use it for any structure and he said it was "too ugly" to resell it. So he let me take it off his hands.

I went ahead and mounted my frankenstein dash in the car to play around with seat positioning. My dash is definitely NOT the prettiest thing (realistically it was the first thing I ever made out of CF haha), but structurally is nice and rigid and does the dash. I may end up mocking it up to prevent glare in the car.

Crappy cell phone pics. Also, all the wiring you see in these pics will be going bye bye because it's part of the stock harness, I am building a NEW harness for the megasquirt. I included a pic of the main power and grounds in a simple diagram I came up with the other night.

Here's the switch panel mostly finished. Push start, man power on to relay, fuel and ign.

I will probably add a few more switches for accessories, but for now that's good.

Playing around figuring out where I want them....

MEGASQUIRT.... who says fuel injection can't be awesome
    Regedit'ed, Rooted, and Jailbroke anymore questions?
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

have you seen these kits for the headlights?

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    have you seen these kits for the headlights?

Sexxxxy.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Sexxxxy.

(saves weight to)

Quote Originally Posted by CorsePerVita View Post

Here's what I started with.

damn is that a cast iron block?

or did it just have that much in deposits on it?

Yeah that is the dirty as hell pic of it, it's cleaned up and painted now.

But yes... they are a cast iron block (super ridiculously heavy ones too). The 924 engine is the bottom end of a VW truck motor and the top end is mostly audi/vw parts. So on a positive note, the engines are strong as hell and hard to kill lol.

Regarding the GT lights, they're a pretty popular mod but the kits are about $400 or more. I was in the process of making my own, unfortunately my first attempts did not turn out well. My buddy made his own so I may shoot him a few bucks his way and have him do it for me. The kits are basically just a real basic headlight conversion with a plastic bucket, lexan or plexi headlight cover and basic wiring, they are very simple. The nice thing is that they lose a lot of weight.

Another thing I considered was gutting out the stock headlight setup, using the stock headlight covers and putting in projectors. I had a mockup of it done in a rendering that turned out okay, still not sure which way I want to go on it.