Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314 LastLast

Thread: I promised I'd post it. My 924 project (pic heavy)

Default Re: I promised I'd post it. My 924 project (pic heavy)

Good ol' rustoleum. I considered POR15, but it's expensive and really not necessary. I've sealed stuff with rustoleum in the past and it does a fantastic job.

Quote Originally Posted by CorsePerVita View Post
    Good ol' rustoleum. I considered POR15, but it's expensive and really not necessary. I've sealed stuff with rustoleum in the past and it does a fantastic job.
    thanks you just saved me a ton of money.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    Or are you talking about vending machine choice C-4?

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.

video bios flashing guide

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

my buddy sealed his lincoln's trunk with that black/grey looking floor epoxy stuff for garages?

like 25$ a can and you can pretty much shoot 22 shorts at it after a few days of curing.

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    my buddy sealed his lincoln's trunk with that black/grey looking floor epoxy stuff for garages?

like 25$ a can and you can pretty much shoot 22 shorts at it after a few days of curing.
    I've honestly thought about buying the rustoleum floor stuff and doing my garage floor. That would be quite a project though as I already have some stuff on my garage floor so it'd be a weekend project. BUT it would sure make clean up easy!

I am sorry I haven't been on here much. I've been a social recluse. Unfortunately I battle depression swings and it's been hitting me hard the past many months. I've finally crawled out of my hole a bit to try and be a bit more active. Missed y'all!

I am approaching the point where she is almost ready to fire up. So close. Ever have that moment where you can taste it but you aren't there yet? That's where I am.

Since last update:

- Brake conversion is 100%. Unfortunately one of the calipers had issues and I had to have it re-machined. That's been since resolved. The rabbit master cyl conversion was a huge success. Granted I won't know how much good it does till I get the car running, I crunched a lot of numbers so I am hoping the math was right. I plan on reinforcing the firewall with a few CF panels or welding in more material since it's no longer vacuum assisted.

- Engine was sent to the machine shop and is done and back in my hands. It is now up on the engine stand and being assembled. It turned out great.

- Unfortunately the first head I sent in was a total waste. It was scrapped. Machine shop said where the cam sits was warped beyond repair due to the oil starvation the engine had.

- Fortunately I had a spare head. It's almost finished, I ordered the parts almost a week ago and they should be here this week, meaning the head should be done this week. Meaning I should have the engine in very soon.

- The euro pistons were a go and turned out great.

- The interior is pretty much finished. I added a layer of carpet (weighed less than 2lbs, very thin) to make the inside a bit presentable and also to reduce glare in various parts of the car.

- I made some quarter windows out of Acrylic. I will be doing side windows in Lexan.

- I've been working with SP Engineering on ideas for the fuel system. There is apparently a nice fuel system they've been using universal fit AN adapters that has more than enough pressure for what I need and will work with my megasquirt setup. They've been using it on their GTR builds from what they tell me. However, since I can't really get the fuel system in place till the engine is in (due to not being able to measure things till it's all in place) there is not much I can do about that.

- Made a tank cover out of CF. Bit lighter than the one there, looks better too. Nice thing is I can modify it if I need to at some point when I'll be required to get a cage.

Gimme a few minutes to round up the pics...

Oh yeah and I'm making a GTS Headlight conversion out of carbon fiber.

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

"He did WHAT in his cup?"

Keep up the good work!
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

It's close gents, real close. As in ready to drop it in close

This build has made it through two of my internet hiatuses (sp?) Got to say I am ready to see her finished up. I gotta admit I have some questions that I am going to have to go back and re read some thought.
    Regedit'ed, Rooted, and Jailbroke anymore questions?
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    This build has made it through two of my internet hiatuses (sp?) Got to say I am ready to see her finished up. I gotta admit I have some questions that I am going to have to go back and re read some thought.
    Ask away!