Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: I promised I'd post it. My 924 project (pic heavy)

Default Re: I promised I'd post it. My 924 project (pic heavy)

What about GT lights using projectors! Like this...

These look pretty good too...

This thread has a pretty easy looking tutorial on how to do the GT style lights.

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...hts-guide.html

Probably a process that you are already familiar with, but they make it look so easy!

I think the fiberglass buckets could be done with a little cardboard or foam and some fiberglass.

I do enjoy the work you put into those Porsches!

Interesting, that's the same tutorial I've seen except it was on a different forum (924board.org) and was in 2 separate threads, looks like they compiled it. My mistake is that I didn't use felt when I baked the acrylic, instead, I used simple cloth, the result was that the acrylic ended up having wrinkles where it smeared, whereas the felt is supposed to create a barrier. I will probably try it again sometime soon. It was pretty easy to do and get the shape right after a few tries. Getting it to not smear/wrinkle where pressure was put on, was a different story.

Thanks for the compliments by the way. I realize some of the stuff (like the CF dash) looks like hell, but it's functional, which is it's purpose, haha.

By the way the projector IN the GT light kit is pretty cool, have not seen anything like that till now! The real question is... what is the weight saving difference between standard lights and projectors? That would be interesting to know.

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CorsePerVita View Post
    Another thing I considered was gutting out the stock headlight setup, using the stock headlight covers and putting in projectors. I had a mockup of it done in a rendering that turned out okay, still not sure which way I want to go on it.
    You know they make these conversion kits to the new style bulbs, and the assembly looks like its plastic.

http://www.topgearautosport.com/part...onversion.html

so you'd loose the weight of those glass lamps. which i bet is a pretty good amount of that whole headlamp assembly. and then mount those projectors on the like your picture above?

So you could have low beam projectors, and then flip up hi-power lighting as well?

But you would need some sort of relay(s) to turn one light off and the other on.

just my two pennies stick with glass they stand up better to the elements (unless elements are pissed off husband when he comes home too early) and you don't save that much weight to matter.
    Regedit'ed, Rooted, and Jailbroke anymore questions?
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    j (unless elements are pissed off husband when he comes home too early)
    Something off topic you need to tell us about?

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    Something off topic you need to tell us about?
    Not at the moment
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

Well... I got the stupid control arm bushings in. WHAT A ***** TO GET IN! OMG!

I must have read 5 different tutorials on doing these stupid things. Could not get them in. I finally came up with my own method which included a clamp, a couple 2x4s, wheel bearing grease and a 24mm socket.

Can actually get the suspension back together now!

Quote Originally Posted by CorsePerVita View Post
    Well... I got the stupid control arm bushings in. WHAT A ***** TO GET IN! OMG!

I must have read 5 different tutorials on doing these stupid things. Could not get them in. I finally came up with my own method which included a clamp, a couple 2x4s, wheel bearing grease and a 24mm socket.
    I'm working on building a simple & cheap press for this kind of stuff. I've got the pump/ram combo from an old floor jack just gotta getsome more steel. Clamps, sockets and hammers work but like you said a real PITA.
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field

hah we used a big old giant table vice to put his control bushings in with dish soap and a little water.

But your actually supposed to use these deals

really though its what ever the hell gets it in there is the tool(s) to use.

When I did my dog bone I used a stainless steel rod, a vice, and a ten lbs sledge to get the old one out and a lot of pb blaster and a vice and elbow grease to get the new one in so your in good company... maybe...