Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: elder scrolls V skyrim

Default Re: elder scrolls V skyrim

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Heresy! ...seriously though, have you ever compared Oblivion on a console and to Oblivion maxed on a PC? There is literally no comparison.
    every tried building a new pc with mothes for a budget?
    Regedit'ed, Rooted, and Jailbroke anymore questions?
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    every tried building a new pc with mothes for a budget?
    Yeah, there is that...that's why I'm setting my goal now. If I save, sell off components, etc, hopefully by the end of the summer I'll have what I need.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    pshaw play it on console
    I can't afford one of them, either

Also, console requires a TV...and a console..neither of which are things I have...
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Also, console requires a TV...and a console..neither of which are things I have...
    Same... a console is the only reason I'd consider buying a TV, which makes it a far less cost effective solution than a gaming PC, where I'd need a PC of some sort anyway.

Heh...I never finished Oblivion because the game was so buggy it would constantly crash and corrupt my saves. Bethesda is infamous for such nonsense. If they pinky-swear that this game will work correctly I might...MIGHT...play it. I have a full list of games I'll be playing throughout '11 though, so I'll try to fit this in.
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

Yeah...most of BethSoft's games have been pretty buggy for me in one way or another. I had the least problems with Oblivion though, so I'm hoping Skyrim has even less. ...I'll still play it obsessively though, even if it is unstable...heck, Fallout 3 would randomly crash all the time because of my audio drivers, but I still managed to log a ridiculous number of hours in it.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Yeah...most of BethSoft's games have been pretty buggy for me in one way or another. I had the least problems with Oblivion though, so I'm hoping Skyrim has even less. ...I'll still play it obsessively though, even if it is unstable...heck, Fallout 3 would randomly crash all the time because of my audio drivers, but I still managed to log a ridiculous number of hours in it.
    the only problem i had was that my wife left the ps3 on and forgot to turn the air conditioning on and it YLOD on me. After I lost my saves after being told they would return it to me and instead got a check I didnt have the heart to go back and start playing again.
    Regedit'ed, Rooted, and Jailbroke anymore questions?
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

Quote Originally Posted by mDust View Post
    Heh...I never finished Oblivion because the game was so buggy it would constantly crash and corrupt my saves. Bethesda is infamous for such nonsense. If they pinky-swear that this game will work correctly I might...MIGHT...play it. I have a full list of games I'll be playing throughout '11 though, so I'll try to fit this in.
    How bizarre.

While I've noticed bugs in Oblivion, I can honestly say that there's never been anything significant enough to prevent me from continuing as intended. Certainly never a corrupted save.

I avoided the Fallout series. They're cool games and all...but Bethesda needs to learn how to finish a game before they release it. I refuse to pay money for something that I know doesn't work right and possibly never will.

Quote Originally Posted by Blibbax
    How bizarre.

While I've noticed bugs in Oblivion, I can honestly say that there's never been anything significant enough to prevent me from continuing as intended. Certainly never a corrupted save.
    Not even bizarre. Major bugs are well documented in every game they've ever released. I'm glad I borrowed Oblivion from a friend instead of buying it...
    Hopefully they test Skyrim before they burn the discs. We'll see though.
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.