Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: My reservoir...

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

Default Re: My reservoir...

Quote Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
    how about you give credit where credit is due . . .
    http://www.pdxlan.net/forums/viewtop...r=asc&start=60
    I'm assuming you have some way of knowing that Mark had seen your reservoir before he made one himself.

Secondly, the reason this item was featured was the amount of modding involved in the cage and support structure as much as anything else - the skull bottle is just a minor part of it.

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Yes, yes, you both used the same bottle. Good for you. I'm sure you weren't the first person to think it would look cool as a reservoir. Aside from that, this build is completely different. You make cool stuff, DarthBeavis, don't ruin it with pointless petty squabbling.

Congrats on the front page, Mark!
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Quote Originally Posted by slaveofconvention View Post
    I'm assuming you have some way of knowing that Mark had seen your reservoir before he made one himself.
    Assuming . . .what would be evidence?

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/f...t=22089&page=9

Post 84 and post 88. KTHXBAI

WWMD- What Would MacGyver Do? Mark_Hardware's Avatar

So. I wander in, and I see this. Really? Accusing me of copying work? Yeah, I said you had a good idea. I also said I was already wanting to use the bottle in my own rig. You really think either of us were the first to think of these uses? Please. Get over yourself.
    My name is Mark Hardware, and I approved this message.

Project; Mark1
    (On hold until......)

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Eh, it's over lol. I should say something to him about the green HDD cover he made for his duke nukem mod. I did the same thing in Rockin Case, what, 2 or 3 years ago now? Where is my honorable mention?

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Everyone borrows something from another mod. There is nothing wrong with it. Hell, I'm putting about 4-5 different mods and ideas behind a DD case into my current mod.

All I'm saying is, if it was borrowed, I'd be happy to give credit. But it's not. Believe me, I've been cooking up ideas since the first bottle I bought. I was also going to put a set of the 1.75L bottles as lights in my Camaro.
    To anyone who cares, This project will be finished. To date this year, I've lost all my tools, including my new Snap-on tools (which I'm still paying for), My Camaro, (towed) almost divorced... Yup, 2011, a banner year lol.
    I am moving soon, and hoping to pick up working again. I *really* want this particular project done, it's going to be so cool.
    Also, I'm thinking that instead of being a part aside of Mark1, I am just going to make it a completely standalone object.....

Project; Mark1
    (On hold until......)

Quote Originally Posted by Fuganater View Post
    Everyone borrows something from another mod. There is nothing wrong with it. Hell, I'm putting about 4-5 different mods and ideas behind a DD case into my current mod.
    This. VERY little is original any more, it's how you do it that's important. As such, both of these mods are excellent, and both of them deserve the recognition they have received.
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08

Didn't see that response before. Must have missed it. Anyway, keep working on it when you can, and ignore the flame. It is pure awesome.

Don't worry about it. I'd get worried and moody about originality too if half my mods were the same prefab DangerDen case with expensive parts tossed at it. Steve's work is about the only thing that popped as original on those cases. But that's all IMO, anyway.

Typing up an update for this, in between working on homework.

Trust me, it's going to blow your mind.... [/Jack Black voice]

Project; Mark1
    (On hold until......)