Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Arctic Cat

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Default Re: Project: Arctic Cat

no I didn't bother with mold release. I should have though but it's ok, I've got plenty of usable parts

The last thing I used the resin for was to make resin ice cubes with LEDs in them and put them in a glass. I didn't use any release on the ice cube tray and they popped right out, so I figured this would do the same.

Yea I was amazed as well when it showed up and I actually got to tearing it down. it's very well built and solid

Damn. I ended up eating dinner tonight and then watched a movie. Unfortunately, said movie was playing on the back of my eye lids. Give me a call tomorrow afternoon if you have some time.

will do

well I'd like to add another sponsor to this project! The Hines Design Labs are going to help me out with the engraving for the side panel window!

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Awesome! Congrats!
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Overclocked

Wow buddy really nice job so far!!! Mod on man!

thanks

sick dude. love the spark plugs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Update time!

After reading CJ's review on the Xigmatek fans, I decided to get my hands on some. 2 200mm green LED fans and 1 140mm straight blade green LED fan.

Now the issue with these 200mm fans is they're actually bigger than the 200mm NZXT fan that came out. Also, the mounting holes are not the standard 200mm mounts like the NZXT ones are. So either these ones are wrong or the NZXT ones are.

Here's the difference:

These are the mounts on the Xigmatek's. The drilled hole is on the right, and the undrilled notch that is needed to put these in the Phantom is on the left. I ended up drilling out the 4 of these so I could mount these fans, but that's minor.

Now the second issue with these fans. They're a touch wider than the NZXT ones, and don't fit in without some gentle manipulating.

And turned on.

Next I mounted the 140mm straight blade fan in it's place so you can see how the lighting looks for the front of the case.

And a shot with the fans lit and the side panel on. This thing's going to look killer

Now the lighting is a bit bright from the outside, but I've got a neat idea that will dress up the vents and also let a little less light outside the case and should make it a little more aesthetically appealing.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Looks awesome! Those really are massive fans. ...just...please, for the love of god, turn the rear one 90 or 180 degrees counterclockwise...PLEASE!! It's driving me nuts!

EDIT:
    The clock is on the ceiling...obviously...I really need to start proofreading my posts...
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV