Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 210 blueray issue

Default 210 blueray issue

hello everyone. i have a friend who bought this card.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814162061
    he has a blue ray player but it wont work. i have tried everything i possibly could updated the drivers everything. he called galaxy and they basically said the card needs a new driver that only they provide but he has to spend 60$ on it. that really dose-tn right to me because the player worked on a 8500 before hand so any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    Or are you talking about vending machine choice C-4?

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.

video bios flashing guide

Default Re: 210 blueray issue

He's outputting video to an external bluray player (acting as a receiver) or he has a BR drive in the computer that won't work?
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blaze15301 View Post
    he called galaxy and they basically said the card needs a new driver that only they provide but he has to spend 60$ on it.
    Oh reealllly..... Well in that case, I've got some great oceanfront property in Arizona I'd like to sell them.

Seriously? They tried to get him to pay them $60 for an updated driver??? That is complete and utter BS, and just for that Galaxy just earned a boycott in my book.

I'm assuming the blu-ray player is a blu-ray drive in the computer? What media player software, monitor, and monitor hookup is he using? Most media players still don't have AACS decryption support (crazy licensing fees), so that might be the problem. If he is using a media player with blu-ray support, every one that I have seen requires using HDCP. So if the monitor does not support HDCP and is connected over a digital connection (DVI, HDMI, etc), it won't display anything. Simple fix in that case would be to switch to an analog connection, in which case HDCP ignores it.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Oh reealllly..... Well in that case, I've got some great oceanfront property in Arizona I'd like to sell them.

Seriously? They tried to get him to pay them $60 for an updated driver??? That is complete and utter BS, and just for that Galaxy just earned a boycott in my book.

I'm assuming the blu-ray player is a blu-ray drive in the computer? What media player software, monitor, and monitor hookup is he using? Most media players still don't have AACS decryption support (crazy licensing fees), so that might be the problem. If he is using a media player with blu-ray support, every one that I have seen requires using HDCP. So if the monitor does not support HDCP and is connected over a digital connection (DVI, HDMI, etc), it won't display anything. Simple fix in that case would be to switch to an analog connection, in which case HDCP ignores it.
    yes he is using a internal drive. i put windows 7 on his computer and the thing worked fine before hand. but when he switched it stopped working. he called lg they told him to call galaxy. he had to switch cards because the other burnt up. the display is a asus 23 inch i think he is using his 54in tv to display the movie. its connected via hdmi i think. i will ask him tonight when i call him. what software do you recommend for the player?

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.

Unfortunately, because of the license fee there's no strictly legal way to play them without buying a licensed program. Did his drive come with any?
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Unfortunately, because of the license fee there's no strictly legal way to play them without buying a licensed program. Did his drive come with any?
    yeah but he cant find the disc.

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.

Ah, that sucks. Mine came with PowerDVD. It's not bad, not great. Personally I don't really like any of the commercial players...too cluttered GUIs. TotalMedia Theatre looks pretty good though.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Blu-ray on the computer has always been a pain in the ass. Definitely not for the non tech savvy person.

Sounds like we're going to need more information. I can't see it only being the graphics card switch causing this unless it doesn't support HDCP.

EDIT: That card says nothing on the newegg page, or anywhere that I can find, that it supports HDCP. It is the only Galaxy card on newegg that doesn't say it is HDCP Ready.

That is probably why they told you/him that you would have to pay. They have to pay for the licensing for HDCP for each product. Sounds like that card doesn't come with HDCP. Not everything has it because the companies have to pay extra for it. If he just chose the cheapest gt210, that may explain why he more than likely got one that doesn't have it. And it sounds like it would be more than a driver update, and more of a bios update. That or they swap cards with one that does. For $60 I'd just buy a card that supports it. Sounds like he bought without doing all the research, assuming I'm correct in that the card doesn't support HDCP.

Otherwise you are going to have to try another source. VGA would probably work. Haven't looked much into that.

Quote Originally Posted by NightrainSrt4 View Post
    Blu-ray on the computer has always been a pain in the ass. Definitely not for the non tech savvy person.

Sounds like we're going to need more information. I can't see it only being the graphics card switch causing this unless it doesn't support HDCP.
    I got lucky then, because my HTPC with blu-ray works flawlessly out of the box.

I use powerdvd (came with the drive).
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Quote Originally Posted by NightrainSrt4 View Post

EDIT: That card says nothing on the newegg page, or anywhere that I can find, that it supports HDCP. It is the only Galaxy card on newegg that doesn't say it is HDCP Ready.

That is probably why they told you/him that you would have to pay. They have to pay for the licensing for HDCP for each product. Sounds like that card doesn't come with HDCP. Not everything has it because the companies have to pay extra for it. If he just chose the cheapest gt210, that may explain why he more than likely got one that doesn't have it. And it sounds like it would be more than a driver update, and more of a bios update. That or they swap cards with one that does. For $60 I'd just buy a card that supports it. Sounds like he bought without doing all the research, assuming I'm correct in that the card doesn't support HDCP.

Otherwise you are going to have to try another source. VGA would probably work. Haven't looked much into that.
    he bought it from best buy. they told him that it would work. the card is only a month old.

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.