Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's almost 2011... what were your favorite times of 2010?

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: It's almost 2011... what were your favorite times of 2010?

I am planning on setting up an archery range though. It's a bit easier to build a suitably large/sturdy backstop for that than for a firing range. ..and they're a lot quieter..
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    I am planning on setting up an archery range though. It's a bit easier to build a suitably large/sturdy backstop for that than for a firing range. ..and they're a lot quieter..

Can I come play? I have a fred baer recurve as well
    Regedit'ed, Rooted, and Jailbroke anymore questions?
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

Any time you're in central MD.

..that reminds me, I need to get mine adjusted...it has three draw length settings and I needed the smallest one when I got it...now I'm pretty sure I need the largest..yes, it's been a while since I used it. It's been a while since I had a place to use it.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Any time you're in central MD.

..that reminds me, I need to get mine adjusted...it has three draw length settings and I needed the smallest one when I got it...now I'm pretty sure I need the largest..yes, it's been a while since I used it. It's been a while since I had a place to use it.
    Better be careful with that open invitation, if I go to waterfest it may just take me right down your road hahaha. Ok it would be somewhat of a detour but still be careful what you offer hahahhahaha
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

Haha, you're welcome any time.
    --Benjamin Franklin

I need to get a whisker biscuit... im sorry that still makes me snicker... and about 20-30 arrows refletched at 2 bucks a pop.. i need a second job..

get a re-fletching jig, it's pretty easy

Quote Originally Posted by dr.walrus View Post
    get a re-fletching jig, it's pretty easy
    That would require time and space, two things I am very limited on. I would love to do it this go around but I am probably going to have to stick to paying for it this go around. I still need to source wooden arrows for my recurves, it is odd that I can no longer find them anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    That would require time and space, two things I am very limited on. I would love to do it this go around but I am probably going to have to stick to paying for it this go around. I still need to source wooden arrows for my recurves, it is odd that I can no longer find them anywhere.
    in the case of space at least, the jig fits in a pocket.

No way in hell would I use wooden arrows under any circumstances! Look for a place that does longbow stuff if you wanna find them.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.walrus View Post
    in the case of space at least, the jig fits in a pocket.

No way in hell would I use wooden arrows under any circumstances! Look for a place that does longbow stuff if you wanna find them.
    The wood is for my recurves I have always used them.. I meant space constraints in which to do the fletching with a puppy and two kids running around and super glue in the mix just sounds like a bad thing waiting to happen.