Thread: baffled by the microsoft not-so-intellimouse

Default baffled by the microsoft not-so-intellimouse

So I get the new intellimouse 3.0 and read reviews that it is awesome for video gaming due to how easy it is to use with the side scroll buttons (great for shooters) and comfy.

My current mouse had a scratch on the optic so it randomly was shooting all over the darn place.

So i figure ok this mouse has good reviews, i'll get it. I install it and all the sudden my right click isn't working. I think "That's odd." and noticed that if i hold down the right mouse button and move my mouse as i let go... it'll work.

I think this is pretty odd so I log into my interface, and sure enough, it was mapped that the middle mouse was right click, and vice versa. So I take the middle click mapping off and change right mouse to right click. And it sort of works. However, in something like a firefix browser, it refuses to right click unless i do the right click + move mouse a little and /sometimes/ it'll work. Other times it acts like a middle mouse click.

In games, such as starcraft, if I right click on the minimap it does BOTH right click and middle click. For anyone who understands that, it immediately centers me on that spot on the map and also issues a move command which is really really annoying.

In left for dead, my sniper rifle now melee swings at zombies while zooming in, rad.

So essentially right click now = middle+right click at the same time.

So... i've updated the drivers, windows is all up to date, i've tried remapping all the buttons. Is there some MANUAL way to edit/mod this? I love the mouse but this is driving me bonkers! My broken mouse was working better than this!

Default Re: baffled by the microsoft not-so-intellimouse

When it comes to mice get Logitech.

Uninstall everything, plug into a different USB port. Reinstall drivers if that didn't fix it.

If you still have problems afterwards, return it as it's probably faulty.

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

I've got an MS wireless laser mouse 6000 v2 and I LOVE it for gaming, it's sick

Quote Originally Posted by Lothair View Post
    When it comes to mice get Logitech.

Uninstall everything, plug into a different USB port. Reinstall drivers if that didn't fix it.

If you still have problems afterwards, return it as it's probably faulty.
    Yep. Uninstalled. Reinstalled. Uninstalled again, installed with NEW drivers. Still the same issue. Totally frustrating. Time to sell it (been too long to take it back) and get a logitec it sounds like. My Wife works at staples so maybe I can just get one from there.

ok what the heck... i told it it was a different mouse, then told it that it was intelli again and hit apply and now it works? going to try playing sc and see if it's fixed.

maybe it had a case of mistaken identity?
    Not dead yet

Yeah that was weird, worked all day and all night after that. I wonder if it'll freak out when I restart.