Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: CES 2011 Photos

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Default Re: CES 2011 Photos

that things pretty neat! like a baby level 10 lol

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Pretty close. That's the Level 10 GT. Expect to see more of it soon.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

Now at the great low cost of half a billion dollars! Afford-ability has never been more... affordable!

Did you guys know that the Level 10 (What I'm now going to call the "Big Daddy Edition") costs $699? That is freaking insane! And now they've added a "GT" onto the end of the title, made it smaller AND it has a window along with what I'll put money down on them calling an "advanced cooling solution", which is nothing more than perforated metal, aka mesh. This... is going to be laughably expensive.

What's that thing sticking out of the side? Unusable drink cup holder? Air intake shroud? Is it an airplane wing so it can fly? lol

I'm actually surprised that nobody has made a case that looks similar to the Level 10. It's a pretty neat idea. I've even thought of making a case that is compartmentalized like that. Do any exist and I just haven't seen them?

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. I certainly was.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

Not a cent over $200 and I'll be pleasantly surprised. But even then, it'd have to be one feature packed and well-built chassis.

Pretty cool looking chassis either way, though.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lothair View Post
    I'm actually surprised that nobody has made a case that looks similar to the Level 10. It's a pretty neat idea. I've even thought of making a case that is compartmentalized like that. Do any exist and I just haven't seen them?
    Yeah, there have been a few. IIRC, one was called 'Level 11'. I don't remember the names of any of the others but yeah, there have been a few custom builds making similar things.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

The thing you are calling a "wing" is a holder for your headphones and it will retail for much less than its big brother. Blueonblack will be providing you guys with a fully detailed hands on in the very near future. I will let him disclose the actual MSRP and the other unique features then.

That's actually not too bad of an idea. I don't think I'd ever use it, but it's kind of nice that it's there so long as it's removable.

I also just noticed something a little bit familiar. Thats a Thermaltake Frio! And it actually looks like there is a small bit of room to spare. Perhaps this chassis isn't so baby after-all? That or it's older brother is a friggin' monster. lol

I love it when someone takes the time to color-match their hardware. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :p

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Its not a baby at all, and the headphone holder is 100% removable and IIRC when removed, it does not leave a hole.

I just heard the price and was shocked! Much better than the original. Now it's within most peoples reach.
    Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid. - John Wayne