Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IRQL not less or equal bsod

Default IRQL not less or equal bsod

I will randomly get this message as I get the BSOD. Then it will boot up right after normally. Any suggestions how to fix it?
    Please read the TOS regarding links in signatures. We don't take kindly to that sort of thing. -The Mods

Default Re: IRQL not less or equal bsod

From what I've read it's likely an IRQ channel conflict which can be resolved in the BIOS by simply changing the channel that is having the problem...which one depends on the specific error. (If your BIOS doesn't allow you to change them, you can do it in your OS as well...just search for 'how to change irq...' and type your OS for detailed instructions.) You can look up the error code in the crash dump. How to find the crash dump also depends on your OS...so you can google it now that you know what to search for. Once you find the exact error code and figure out what it means, you can then figure out what to change in the IRQ stack.
    Good luck!
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

Might try running memtest as well. May not be the memory but that would be my first test.

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

Is your memory getting enough voltage? When I was stuck using my friend's Corsair memory, I had to give it a ton of voltage to get all four modules to run close to advertised speeds. I'm guessing that my board has a slight incompatibility, or the memory just isn't as good as the reaper that I was using.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

So I opened my dump file and got this...
    Please read the TOS regarding links in signatures. We don't take kindly to that sort of thing. -The Mods

Honestly, I'm not a programmer and much of that is just as gibberish to me as I assume it is to you.
    I found this though:
    fltmgr.sys is the Windows driver filter manager. It's part of the Windows kernel and thus is IRQL 0...which is what your BSOD error message related to. fltmgr.sys deals with all the drivers for your hardware. If you recently installed a new or updated driver, I'd start looking there. I'm way too lazy to manually type in those error codes but they likely point to specific driver problems...so google them. (under "stack text")
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

Make sure your BIOS is set for PNP OS... otherwise the hardware tries to assign IRQ's rather than letting Windows control it.

I second the memory testing as well, also, check your Windows Event Viewer under System, and see if there's any issues there.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Make sure your BIOS is set for PNP OS... otherwise the hardware tries to assign IRQ's rather than letting Windows control it.

I second the memory testing as well, also, check your Windows Event Viewer under System, and see if there's any issues there.
    Where would i look in the bios? Nothing in event viewer. =(

No memory errors.....

Quote Originally Posted by aintnothang View Post
    Where would i look in the bios? Nothing in event viewer. =(
    Typically under the advanced options, or second page of most BIOS's.

PNP OS = YES (default is NO)

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro