Thread: What the... System board weirdness...

Custom Title Honors

Default What the... System board weirdness...

Well it seems to be working now...

It's the board in my system info/sig. It's an EVGA 680i SLI board. I set it to copy about 500gb of data to my external hdd for back-up and woke up to "boot disk error". Since it was before work, i just rebooted the pc and got the same thing.

Now that it was after work, I was able to mess with it a bit. I thought it was a bad hdd, I threw in a windows disk and went to select the dvd-rom for boot up.. "no bootable device detected!".

Checked HDD's and none of the 5 in my system were detected. Went into the BIOS and the boot order was all jacked. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5... all said Removable. WTH?! Reseated all SATA cables on board and also noticed no USB power on mouse or when USB device (phone) was plugged in. Reset BIOS to defaults and rebooted. Came up to same error.

Powered PC off at PSU for about 30min. While off I ate dinner, and searched evga and google for similar issues. Notta. Booted pc with fingers crossed and guess what!? "Missing or corrupt file!". Rebooted and the BIOS showed it all HDD's and DVD-Rom.. WTF?!

Just finishing the install of windows now...

Just curious to see if anybody had any ideas of what just happened. I don't know if this is early signs of board failure or something else.

If nothing comes of this, maybe it will help someone else with a similar issue.

Thanks,
    Outlaw

On Backup:: CPU- Q9300 Stock HS/F :: MB- Intel board :: RAM- 4 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 (2x2GB) :: GFX- 8800GS HDD- 320GB OS; 1x2TB Storage :: ROM- DVD-ROM :: PSU- Antec 48W :: OS- Win7 x64 :: CASE- CM Centurion 590 :: MON- Dell 1708FP :: MOUSE- Logitech G5 ::

Anodized

Default Re: What the... System board weirdness...

Sounds like crappy nVidia drive controlers strike again. Had this happen on an evga 650i board. I'd personaly kick off a support ticket with evga and posibly have them RMA the board, otherwise make sure you have good backups of your stuff in case this or worse occurs to your drives again.

The one other thing I would recomend is tell windows to never sleep before you do any big file transfers etc or just leave sleep turned off perminently.