Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Latest Purchase Thread

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: Your Latest Purchase Thread

Haven't received it yet, but last night I bought a Corsair HX1000 on ebay. The guy was trying to do single-wire sleeving on the ATX connector and broke off some of the pins. So, a little bit of time putting new pins on (and I think I might go ahead and single-sleeve it too), and I have a basically new HX1000 for $174 shipped. That's a good $60 off Newegg's price, just because the guy couldn't be bothered to learn how to crimp connectors.

...and, I just realized that since it's ~5cm longer than my TX750, I'm going to need to move my pump...ah well, it's time I made it a proper mount anyway.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Speaking of pumps, I just got myself one
    An Eheim 1048, the watercooling setup is now complete.
    Currently leak testing it with everything outside of the case except the water block which is mounted on the CPU.
    34C idle and 54C under full load, both at stock clocks (i7 920 CPU).
    Tried doing a rough overclock to 4,2 GHz but I got 95C under full load so I set it back .
    Projects: RGB Tower - Custom CPU water block

Watching someone else use your computer is like watching a drunk orangutan solve a rubix cube. They have no idea what they're doing and you just wish they'd hand you the damn thing so you can do it yourself.
    -TheOatmeal

New G34 board came with a gouge through the second socket. Back to the drawing board.
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Ewww... Are you going to be able to get your money back?
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Contacted the seller. It was photographed so as not to show the extent of the damage, so if not from the seller will resort to through Ebay.
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08

Quote Originally Posted by Kayin View Post
    Contacted the seller. It was photographed so as not to show the extent of the damage, so if not from the seller will resort to through Ebay.
    That sux. That's why I only buy with paypal.
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field

Thankfully, it was through paypal. Seller actually has another board I want (quad socket F) so I may just ask for a swap.

My last major purchase came courtesy of my tax return. I got myself a:

42" LG 42PJ350 720p Plasma HDTV - I've no need for 1080p when our closest seat is 7ft from the TV.

Playstation 3 320GB with Move starter kit - The sports games for move are REALLY fun, and very realistic as far as the movements go. They also have multiple levels and achievements for each game, and they aren't anywhere near as stupid easy as the Wii sports. I also got Little Big Planet, a pink controller for the woman, another Move controller, and a really sweet dock for it all. I also got Netflix for now, and Dish Network HD in a couple of weeks ($200 Amazon gift card after signup since I purchased the TV through Amazon)

Another cool thing I got after Christmas was a memory foam mattress. It's made by a company called DynastyMattress, and for the last month me and the woman have loved it. This mattress directly compares with TempurPedic's $2500 memory foam bed.
    I would really like my Thermaltake prizes... Thanks everyone for my wonderful prizes!

Unlocked/Overclocked/Never Stock

My latest purchase was of the "Amazing Mystery Bag" from our own d_stilgar. Photos:

This was waiting for me after I got back from school today (altered to protect personal infromation):

Opening the box:

Contents of the "Amazing Mystery Bag/Box"

Not too shabby for $15. Thanks to d_stilgar for the auction & great stuff!
    http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...e.php?u=555808

Quote Originally Posted by RogueOpportunist View Post
    In my experience the vast majority of "tech problems" are ID-10-T errors, usually caused by a nut loose on the keyboard.

the transfer went through on my 1911, and after spending 2 hours cleaning the oil they pack it with for shipping i shot 200 rounds through it later that day. then i ended up polishing the slide release, safety, grip safety, hammer, mag release, trigger and barrel bushing.

stock

after

CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v