Thread: 12v DC Barrel-Plug to 3-Pin UK AC Plug?

Default 12v DC Barrel-Plug to 3-Pin UK AC Plug?

Hi.

Not exactly a post relating to cases or computers but more Hi-Fi equipment. Nonetheless i thought you guys would be the most knowledgeable on this.

Okay so i had a Pioneer hi-fi system with detachable turntable (PL-J210). But i have since received a new seperates system and so the old Pioneer hi-fi is soon to be sold. But the new serperates system i was given came with a turntable which didnt work (got thrown out).

The pioneer turntable works fine, but there is one problem. The power lead.

Its one of those 'special' leads that are to be plugged into the unit, and not the wall.

So i was wondering if i would be able to 'transform' the current plug on the turntable into that of a generic UK spec-3 pin.

Ive attached some pictures of the plug on the turntable and the socket on the back of the unit. It has the rating of "12v DC"... and i know that UK 3-Pin is 230v AC.

Any ideas?

Default Re: 12v DC Barrel-Plug to 3-Pin UK AC Plug?

You need a transformer for it. Most european models have the adequate voltage rating, but US versions do not. Check the specs on the wall plug to see what the rating is. You can even go to a local electronics parts store and show them the pictures and they will probably have one you can use.
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

Default Re: 12v DC Barrel-Plug to 3-Pin UK AC Plug?

Actually, go ebaying for a monitor power supply - I bought one recently which was 12v and would probably suit your purposes perfectly. You'll have to cut the cables and reconnect them, but you can always pop to maplin and get a 2-way connector so it'll still be easy to seperate.

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey