Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Big One is Coming!

Default Re: The Big One is Coming!

They're saying 12-20 inches tomorrow here in Tulsa. I am not sure about the snow, but the ice they are predicting to go with it has me a little concerned.

Oh well guess we are going to have to wait and see. I got my generator ready, but really all that means was I moved it from the back of the garage to the door.

OvRiDe - The ice is what always sucks around here. U guys normally get whatever before it hits here.

We at least have a gas fireplace. I stocked up on the essentials today (read smokes and liquor(and a little food)) They have already cancelled classes at the UofA tomorrow which I have never seen them do the day before. Just the mention of ice/snow gets everyone in a frenzy. Don't even think about going to wally world. I can't stand being couped up for long so the 4wd always comes in handy.

Just read the weather channel and it said snow drifts of up to 2 feet.

Well get ready.. we got lots of sleet .. the size of rocksalt.. 20 minutes later it was all white.. then we got some snow for a little while, but its turned back into sleet.

They canceled school around here hours before any snowflakes had fallen.

Well here, it's a horrible 39c+ almost every day and it's not going to stop due to a cyclone about to hit Queensland (you know, the place where there has been heavy flooding)
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Well, lots of sleet/freezing rain. Can't even open the truck doors without the fear of breaking the handle.

Roads aren't too bad here in well traveled areas but it is supposed to get alot worse. Ice is supposed to stop about 9am and then 9" of snow on top.

ya know it could always be worse.. u could live up with me here in canada....
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if somebody sigquotes part of this.

Quote Originally Posted by LiTHiUM0XiD3 View Post
    ya know it could always be worse.. u could live up with me here in canada....
    ...and me. Colder here in the west today.. -41'C atm.. ALTHOUGH... supposedly going to be +6'C tomorrow.. sure. We'll see.

Good luck to all who are bracing for the storm. Stock up on supplies! The SNOWPOCALYPSE IS UPON YOU!

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Well about 6 1/4" in the yard now. Measured about 7" on pavement so about 3/4 or so of ice. YAY!

sleet covering the parking lot and streets around my work here in fort smith arkansas, was snowing decently when i went outside on lunchbreak. driving home is going to suck.

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    The SNOWPOCALYPSE IS UPON YOU!
    I can't believe you actually typed those letters in that order.

Wow.

“Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”