Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: TBCS Charity Raffle. Helping one of our own in a time of great need.

Why must hard drives fail together? TheMainMan's Avatar

Default Re: TBCS Charity Raffle. Helping one of our own in a time of great need.

Is there any way to get a counter going on the front page for this? I think it's pretty important to help out and having a way for people to see how we're doing as a community would be great! Best of luck to PLAR and family!
    TheMainMan

Default Re: TBCS Charity Raffle. Helping one of our own in a time of great need.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Hi everyone!

PLAR and I have been in constant contact for the last 2 years, having met through this site. We are good friends, and even speak on the phone at least a couple times every week.

Being a young family has challenges all its own, but to be facing them with so little resources, and to face impossible odds time and again is frustrating beyond belief. Because they are working, they dont qualify for assistance, including child care subsidy. Shelters and such wont help them either, because they are an "intact family".

I've been throwing website referrals to him for over a year, and do my best to give them whatever resources I can. I encourage everyone to throw any donation you can to them, above and beyond what you enter in the raffle.
    What city is he in and what is his employment expertise?
    -=TD
    -=:http://www.tech-daddy.com:=-
    (yeah I know... I need to update it... BUT I NEED TO MOD!!! )

don't have alot to give, but i sent $40.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech-Daddy View Post
    What city is he in and what is his employment expertise?
    -=TD
    Since he has his old location in his profile, I'll go ahead and answer this (some people get upset about personal details on the internets, why I checked). He's in Baltimore, MD, and from my talking with him, I believe his primary experience is in web development and IT support.

I'll definitely put something towards this once my paycheck goes through tomorrow night...have to consult the budget first to see how much.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

...crap... Paypal is not working for me...

Any other way to donate?
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Paypal was just the most convenient way to track who has donated and how much. I can imagine we can come up with something else, just not sure what yet. Maybe a deposit into his bankaccount, or western union? Not sure what would work out the best.

You could always just mail a check. That'd definitely be cheaper than Western Union.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

I saw this pop up on facebook earlier this week and knew I had to do something. I have a friend and their family in a similar situation so I know how hard it can be. I have been selling some stuff off on eBay lately so I am all cashed up and ready to donate.

I hope everything works out.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Since he has his old location in his profile, I'll go ahead and answer this (some people get upset about personal details on the internets, why I checked). He's in Baltimore, MD, and from my talking with him, I believe his primary experience is in web development and IT support.
    Yes, that is correct!

Thanks to everyone who is stepping up and helping out!

If anyone here is in the Baltimore area, and can donate furniture or household items, please either let myself or PLAR (Shane) know.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    If anyone here is in the Baltimore area, and can donate furniture or household items, please either let myself or PLAR (Shane) know.
    BTW, if anyone does want to reach him, I've noticed that he responds a lot faster on his MSN messenger account than PMs here. I'm pretty sure me and Altec are the only other members in the area, but you never know.
    --Benjamin Franklin