Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mountain Holler!

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Default Re: Mountain Holler!

I used to LOVE surge...then it disappeared!

"Drink more water? What do you mean drink more water? What do you think this soda-pop is made with? Water is like it's primary ingredient!"

...for some reason, I never win this argument. lol

Also, if you're trying to eat cheap but want some quality...

Flavored Tortilla + Lettuce + Sauce* + Ham + Avocado** = Delicious. Just roll it tightly and slice it like you would a Sushi Roll. I swear it tastes better than what I've had in professional restaurants before. lol

*I splurged and used a special "yogurt" that is pretty much used for this kind of thing.

**The center piece of this creation. Just a chunk placed in the middle.

Healthy, too. And all of the items except the "yogurt sauce stuff" can usually be found on sale.

Necessity brings creation through innovation. ^_^

Now back to sugary death drinks! I also like KFC Root Beer and Fresca.

Sorry PLAR, that was uncalled for. You can live however you want. I just don't like the charity concept but I shouldn't take it out on someone who has given so much help in this community.

@Lothair Even if it's below a dollar it adds up. Especially if you're short on cash. You don't get rich from the large incomes, you get rich from avoiding the small costs. And is drinking soda really the best way to get by in hard times? I can see more important things that's needed to stay positive, for example that this community (and other ones) has come together to help him.

I'll admit I can lack compassion and be a bit of an elitist at times but there's reason in what I say.
    Projects: RGB Tower - Custom CPU water block

Watching someone else use your computer is like watching a drunk orangutan solve a rubix cube. They have no idea what they're doing and you just wish they'd hand you the damn thing so you can do it yourself.
    -TheOatmeal

Sometimes the small costs help to avoid large costs in the long run. Take this example. When he drinks the soda it acts as a stress reliever and comforts him. If he avoids drinking the soda and lets the stress build up from the situation that he is currently going through, then suffers from a stress induced heart attack, or a mental break down, or his immune system being weakened from stress causes him to contract a disease, then the cost of combating the stress induced ailment is significantly more than the cost of the soda's. Its not like he's going out and buying booze and blowing all his money on that. Its a $.69 way for him to relieve some of the stress from the situation he is in.

Side note, try crystal light. cheapest thing ever, I think $1 makes a couple gallons of drink. College wisdom because the dorm water is disgusting.

GL PLRS! I would pitch in, but im down to about $15 in all my accounts after paying tuition.
    Last edited by diluzio91; 02-03-2011 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Grammar!!
    Not dead yet

I've been in a stressful situation like PLAR, and believe me-even financial planners say that you should budget small things (like mountain Holler) so that you don't break down and buy big things from stress and lack of feeling as though you have done anything at all for yourself.

Also, Mountain Holler is delicious. Better than Wal-Mart's Mountain Lightning. Also closer in the original meaning, as far as most people can understand.

(Moonshine was the original "mountain dew", otherwise known as "mountain holler", "white lightning", and various other colorful euphemisms. My great-granddad tells awesome stories of being a kid during prohibition and running afoul of moonshiners. Lucky for him he always had his coon rifle is all I'll say.)

Rock on, PLAR. Rock on.
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08

I came, I saw, I conquered killergamer's Avatar

This thread wasnt supposed to be about how he spends his money, it was supposed to be about a drink he finds awesome that's closely resembles a drink a lot of people liked that no one can find any more. Mr. Elite why don't you post some thing you quite enjoy and have us all critique you on how you spend your money. Also read why he doesnt have the money to donate right now. He is trying to go to college to better him self and may be in the future he can donate more then what you are now.

GO PLAR!
    [Kayin] 7:38 pm: Actually, during a hostile takeover, Satan's left nut and all his crabs beat Satan at the board meeting (he didn't know that his crabs held stock)
    and so we're owned by a conglomerate of pubic lice and the left testicle of the Prince of the Powers of the Air.

All right, that's enough back and forth. Diamon apologized to PLAR, and I think that's good enough.

I miss Surge. Also Jolt Cola. I mostly try to consume my caffeine as good coffee now, and that way I cut back. Too much and I get sick nowadays.
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08

i love moutain holler when i could find it where im at.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    Or are you talking about vending machine choice C-4?

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.

video bios flashing guide

Fair enough. The thread DID derail completely. Sorry about that.

And no caffeine source beats a good cup of coffee imo
    Projects: RGB Tower - Custom CPU water block

Watching someone else use your computer is like watching a drunk orangutan solve a rubix cube. They have no idea what they're doing and you just wish they'd hand you the damn thing so you can do it yourself.
    -TheOatmeal

Mountain Holler is my favorite drink!!!
    I even made a commercial for it in my oral comm class, and it's pretty sweet..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx4K7ahKke8