Thread: Alsa Soft Feel Alternative?

Default Alsa Soft Feel Alternative?

I eventually want to paint a case or cases but I figured that I want to practice on some smaller stuff. Possibly my mouse or something else that wouldn't matter that much if I messed up.

However for things that will be held such as a mouse I want a texture to the paint and not just a smooth finish. I have been searching and fount this, but it seems that I can't find anyone that actually sells it. Does anyone know of a alternative that is easily available.

I like the Alsa stuff because it is clear and can be put over any color.

Photobucket

Default Re: Alsa Soft Feel Alternative?

A simple black rubberized spray coating is made by Dupli-color and available at AutoZone. I tend to like it a lot.
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08

I knew that there was some dupli-color stuff but the bad thing about it is only the black color. What I liked about this stuff was that it is a clear so you can put it over whatever color you want.

Well, just got an email from Alsa Corp and the soft feel is no longer available. Surely there is something comparable but I am afraid it may be only available in industrial quantities.

Look around and see if there is a aout body supply type store in your area. If there is they should have claer chip guard in aerosol cans. It's a clear slightly rubbery material. That might give you what you're after.
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field