Thread: Review - In-Win Dragon Rider full-tower case

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Default Review - In-Win Dragon Rider full-tower case

A new story entry has been added:

[drupal=606]Review - In-Win Dragon Rider full-tower case[/drupal]

By Shane McAnally

Sequels. They're often the cause of worry. If there's a sequel to something, chances are the original was good, or they wouldn't be continuing it. The worry comes in wondering if whatever the sequel is will do justice to the original, as we saw with the SpinQ VT cooler from Thermaltake, or if they will just sabotage whatever was good in the initial piece. To date, one of my favorite PC cases is the Dragon Slayer from In-Win Development that I had the pleasure of reviewing last July. Today we're looking at its larger sibling, the Dragon Rider.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

Default Re: Review - In-Win Dragon Rider full-tower case

I can't stand the over-hang on that faceplate. From a design point of view it's a major flaw in my opinion. It looks... cheap and poorly thought out. Not something I'd want if I were dropping that much money on a case.

They should have shrunk it a bit so it fitted seamlessly with the rest of the case. Too bad.

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

It is definitely... pronounced, but that's the style these guys work in. By and large, you love their stuff or you hate it. Personally I'm good with it in this case; I think it actually works all right with the over all design, but that's just the side of the In-Win fence I'm on with this one. They don't seem to do middle-of-the-road.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

I just looked at the first generation model that this case was based on and I've got to say, I like that one much more.

If only they could combine the two...