Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EBay Listing, especially for those of you "blessed" with children...

Default Re: EBay Listing, especially for those of you "blessed" with children...

Quote Originally Posted by dr.walrus View Post
    metal ones, enamel bath
    Ah, I misread 'metal' as 'little'. But it says it took chunks out and took the soap holder off...wtf!? What do these toys do? Or are they hammering on the tub as with a large rock? These things almost sound fun.
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

Default Re: EBay Listing, especially for those of you "blessed" with children...

Quote Originally Posted by mDust View Post
    Ah, I misread 'metal' as 'little'. But it says it took chunks out and took the soap holder off...wtf!? What do these toys do? Or are they hammering on the tub as with a large rock? These things almost sound fun.
    They're basically tops with metal protrusions that smack into each other. The last one spinning wins. Enamel tubs are pretty durable but if you hit them with something metal they chip really easy. So I can see those thing doing some major damage to an enamel tub. My son never got into those things fortunately because I can picture them wrecking, well basically every frickin thing in the house. I figure the bonehead who decided they would make great toys never had kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field

Quote Originally Posted by msmrx57 View Post
    They're basically tops with metal protrusions that smack into each other. The last one spinning wins. Enamel tubs are pretty durable but if you hit them with something metal they chip really easy. So I can see those thing doing some major damage to an enamel tub. My son never got into those things fortunately because I can picture them wrecking, well basically every frickin thing in the house. I figure the bonehead who decided they would make great toys never had kids.
    Thanks for the explanation!
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

My little brother had them, but we played in an arena that was sold. It was kinda neat because there were magnet holders on the underside of the arena that would sorta mess with the tops. Customizing the tops was kinda fun too.

Looking at the picture, one kid was obviously upset. The one holding the bag...man, he looked ready to kill some people...kinda creepy.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Hehehe, I just had a thought. Try this one on:

1) Dad sees spinning metal toys in store..has brilliant idea.
    2) Dad buys toys, takes them home, takes them out of original packaging, and puts them in big zip-lock bag.
    3) Dad has kids pose with bag, pretending they're upset.
    4) Dad writes very angry-sounding ebay posting about how much damage the toys did.
    6) PROFIT!
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

That would be a pretty clever dad and some pretty talented kids. It's possible; I've seen child con artists before.

Quote Originally Posted by Luthien View Post
    That would be a pretty clever dad and some pretty talented kids. It's possible; I've seen child con artists before.
    You see that kid over there? Con artist. That one? Definitely con artist. You think little tommy over there is actually crying? Look again, what do you see? That's right. Ice cream truck coming right around the corner. And we all know Tommy loves ice cream. What kid doesn't?

The bathtub would be a perfect arena for beyblades. I would have tried it.

Unless the parents explicitly told the kids not to do it in the tub I don't see how they would have known it was going to be wrong/bad. The shape of a tub would look like a perfect place to have a contained battle for fighting tops.

But the playing after things started to break might frustrate me a little. But I would have thought they were genius for recognizing the shape of the tub as the perfect battleground.

Good point. The tub would be a highly tempting battle arena. Even if the parents thought of saying "Not in the tub" it would be hard to resist. In fact, some kids would be more determined to do something if they've been told not to do it.