Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why I have not been active much- My current mod...

Default Why I have not been active much- My current mod...

I have only been online while at work and I have even missed a few deadlines (sorry Curtis). Well this is why:

May:

Last sunday:

I still have a fair bit to do. There are 2 cabinets missing and tons of trim. This is my first real wood working project and so far I have done everything myself.

The upside is that I have a whole new collection of woodworking tools.

BTW: The party is June 18th...
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: Why I have not been active much- My current mod...

Wow, congrats! Looks like it came out great!
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Wow, congrats! Looks like it came out great!
    Still not done. Got most of the handles on last night. Waiting for the rest of the cabinets and trim pieces to show up at the end of the month. I still have to adjust the doors so they are aligned right. I am also still tracking down a gas leak in my cooktop. I have one thing to replace and if that does not fix it then there is something broken in the cooktop itself.

Did I mention this is MY kitchen?

Did I also mention my kitchen OWNS me?!?!

I am really liking the wood working aspect of this project. I am good with everything else, but I have never attempted anything like this and was worried how it would turn out. Hell it took me over a week to figure out where a couple of the trim pieces fit in. Big expensive puzzle with no way to know if it is assembled right...

Unlocked/Overclocked/Never Stock

That's quite the extensive mod you've got there...

I really like the look; is the metal brushed aluminum or stainless steel? Either way, the metal & dark wood stain really contrast well. My parents are wanting to remodel their kitchen; I'll have to show this to them.
    http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...e.php?u=555808

Quote Originally Posted by RogueOpportunist View Post
    In my experience the vast majority of "tech problems" are ID-10-T errors, usually caused by a nut loose on the keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DynamoNED View Post
    That's quite the extensive mod you've got there...

I really like the look; is the metal brushed aluminum or stainless steel? Either way, the metal & dark wood stain really contrast well. My parents are wanting to remodel their kitchen; I'll have to show this to them.
    The appliances are SS. The pulls are brushed steel with a coating to prevent rust or damage. It does look nice. I was not sure about how this would look, but I am very happy with the way it is turning out.

We are now looking at counter tops. Definitely going granite but the one we chose, happens to be the most expensive too (go figure) so we are looking at other options.

We have been saving up for over 6 years to make this happen. I have done pretty much everything from framing, electric, plumbing, rocking, and mudding to what you see now (that is why it is taking so long...). The SO tries to help but since neither of us know what we are doing she knows to stay away while my brain is smoking...

I thought the cabinets looked quite nice without handles. Although, I suppose that would make them quite difficult to open? HA. Oh well. Form and Function usually wins out in the end. :p

Are the two other cabinets going above the window, connecting to the small piece on the wall there?

Any plans for trim on the window? Perhaps just a stained board along the bottom with a bit of overhang? Might help tie it in better?

Are you going to replace that.. uh.. "unique" light fixture? :p

Love the Knife Holder by the way! That's hilarious!

How are you going to reach those top cabinets!? Do you have a step ladder for easier access or are you just really tall? Perhaps it's not as high as it looks?

That's looking great Terry! +rep

You do the drywall? I hate doing drywall. Well, the mud sucks...

I do like the handle-less look. Just take a router, and cut the bottom edge of the doors on the inside for a place to grab. Leaves a clean look.
    Current Projects
    -1979 Jeep DJ5 "Mail Jeep"
    -1981 Chevrolet K10

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Excellent work! I too love the dark wood. Did you make the countertops yourself also?

+1 on the knife holder
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

Wow Terry.. it looks great! Did you make the cabinets or were they a knock downs? At first look I thought the counter tops were butcher block. As for the granite, I am in the same boat, it never fails the one I like ends up always being the most expensive. I have seen some really nice quartz counter tops that are priced pretty good, and I hear they are low maintenance as well. I guess one of the hot trends now is soapstone, which I do like the look, but the constant maintenance does not appeal to me at all. Floors look GREAT, are they hardwood. We ended up using the Allure Resilient Vinyl Plank Flooring and it came out great, and went down easy.

Looking forward to moar pics.