Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Turning my 1982 Porsche 911 SC Targa to "the one i always wanted"

Default Re: Turning my 1982 Porsche 911 SC Targa to "the one i always wanted"

Thanks man!

Here's the deck, sorry for the mess on the floor, still have wiring stuff from last night.

How are those Polk's working? My truck is going to need speakers when I'm done. The separate tweet looks nice.
    Current Projects
    -1979 Jeep DJ5 "Mail Jeep"
    -1981 Chevrolet K10

I like them. Oddly enough vocals are far more pronounced in the rear. I think mostly it's because the deck in the rear of the car is the same height as the seat so there is more exposure compared to the lower speakers in the door. Vocals sound awesome, I love it.

For some reason I expect to see a Blaupunkt deck when I look at the pic. Maybe it's cuz I'm still stuck in the 80's
    Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid. - John Wayne

Fresh Paint

OOooooo shiny new speakers!! That rats nest reminds me of the Chevelle's old stereo, the PO had left almost 3' of extra speaker wire in a bundle with twist ties stuffed under the dash :/
    Current Rig- Dell Dimension 2400 - 2.2hz Celeron, 256kb DDR - Current rig until new on is built

Rig in Progress- MSI G31TM-P21, 3.6ghz P4, 8gb ram, 160GB Seagate Barracuda, Nvidia GeForce 8500GT

The shroud "Before" in the engine bay (yes i realize the hose is split in half, I'm doing an A/C Delete and replacing all the lines and hoses...

Bringing it down to bare metal

Note how clean it is compared to the original..

Finally... after being cleaned, brought to pure metal, and then powdercoated... and yes I realize "the masking looks weird" near the pulley because that part will be brought to metal as well, since that's where the belt rides.

I'll get some daytime pics with it IN the car once the car is back together.

Before...

After.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Wow, making some nice progress on this!
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Sweet. Huge improvement.
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field