Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: Turning my 1982 Porsche 911 SC Targa to "the one i always wanted"

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Default Re: Turning my 1982 Porsche 911 SC Targa to "the one i always wanted"

Quote Originally Posted by CorsePerVita View Post
    Druck = Pressure in german

The thermistor and fan idea is a good idea. Just need to find a suitable fan that will fit in there and do a decent job.

As to the flush... There is no radiator in this car, it is air-oil cooled by about 12 quarts of oil
    Oh i was talking about the oil radiator, His had tons of "mud" in it as well. i know its air cooled

What size is the radiator? They make toooonns of 12v steel fans of all types.

looking on the internet i found this

"911 FENDER MOUNT OIL COOLER WITH ELECTRIC FAN"

but they want 1,200$ for that hahahhaha.

is that similar to yours? looks like two 120mm or 240mm fans would work. They just need to have a clutch so they can free-spin and not produce back feed.

[edit] now that i think about it, don't them old Datsuns have really small clutch fans?

Yeah $1200 is pretty psychotic for a small oil cooler and fan and 2 oil lines.

I'll have to see if I can poke around and find a solution that is cost effective. A guy on the pelicanparts forums offered me a carrera cooler with fan and lines for $450 which is a good deal, but i'm not sure I want to spend that much right now since all my extra money is going towards my track car project right now.. I'm not mr moneybags or richie rich. I get my cars at good prices and afford to drive them not because I'm made of money, but because I do all the maintenance myself which saves me a ton on labor and only costs me parts. I wish I could just drop $1200 at the word, that sure would be nice. If I save up I'm sure I'll find something.

I haven't been on here in quite a while. I haven't dropped off the face of the planet.

Not much changed on this project but I did end up doing a fabspeed system on it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx0OqFlKZ9k

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CorsePerVita View Post
    I haven't been on here in quite a while. I haven't dropped off the face of the planet.

Not much changed on this project but I did end up doing a fabspeed system on it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx0OqFlKZ9k
    you know its bad ass when you can hear each piston fire while its idiling.

Haha it sounds like it is going to take off and fly away! Awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER