Thread: PC bios error

Default PC bios error

ok, for some reason, my PC just started fritzing out today. ZI can't get anything to display at all. It gives me 1 long and 3 short beeps when I have either or both RAM sticks in, 1 long and two short when no sticks are in, and more often I get no beeps at all(not even the startup beep).
    I removed the video card too. no change at all

any advice anybody?

Unlocked/Overclocked/Never Stock

Default Re: PC bios error

While I'm not sure about your particular motherboard, 1 long & 3 short beeps usually signals a RAM compatibility error. I was upgrading my cousin's machine not too long ago, and it did the exact same thing to me. Couple of quick questions: Is this the ASUS M4A79T Deluxe system in your "My System"? Is the RAM that's giving the beeps the same RAM that was in your machine before it started freaking out? Finally, do you have another system to test these RAM sticks in to make sure they are okay?
    http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...e.php?u=555808

Quote Originally Posted by RogueOpportunist View Post
    In my experience the vast majority of "tech problems" are ID-10-T errors, usually caused by a nut loose on the keyboard.

yes, the RAM in there now is the same RAM that I've hads in there for the past two years. I haven't checked them in another machine, so I'll be sure to try that soon

and yes, the ASUS board is in my computer right now(not this computer I'm using right now)

nevermind, just started working again for some odd reason. no clue why