Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barrel by Iwok88

Fresh Paint

Default Re: The proyect Barrel by Iwok88

Returning to the barrel I am assembling some things and putting them inside.

It is getting shape, little by little, there is not much left.*

Now I have to work on the lighting. Each lamp comes with two controls and I cannot connect both to only one. So I will operate both lamps with only one control. How to do this, … well, check my crazy idea.
    Here I amgoing to desold the controls of one lamp and I will put an extension to operate both controls of the lamps.

So when they are finished, I turn on one, and I send the signal to the other control of the lamp, and also to the sound sensor and the regulator of the same.

This is how it looks like.

And it works perfectly, nothing is burned.

Now I am looking where the hard disc will go. First I made a basement for the optical unit from an old cabinet I had. I cut the basement at the right size for the hard disc of a lap top. As this hard disc needs an adaptor for the IDE connector of the PC, I left it a little bit smaller so that the adaptor will not crash with the basement when connected.

Here it is already painted.*

Now I only have to fasten the cathodes of the red light, the power supply and the buttons to turn on the computer and the reset.*

But first I have to prove if everything is working the right way, so I did the first tests so see if the computer works.*

As the power supply will be at the bottom, I will fasten it, so that it will come out together with the mother board.*

Here you can see it with the track system. I pull, and all comes out together.

Here the computer is turned on, and I am installing the operating system.*

There is not much left, only the buttons and closing the barrel.

Fresh Paint

Default Re: The proyect Barrel by Iwok88

Coming to the final stretch there are only some more details left, appearing as I am concluding the work on the barrel.*

*One of these is the tap. Here I am making the hole for the tap on the barrel.

After making the hole I put some glue and …wait until it fixes well.*

Meanwhile I fastened the power supply to the track system, so that when I take out the mother board, all comes out completely.*

Here I am showing the supply in order to take measures and see how it will be.

The power supply will have its place between the mother board and the lower fan.*

Then I fastened the lamp to the upper part of the barrel.

This is what it looks like turned on.*

After fastening the lamps and measuring the power supply it is time to paint the basements.*

Also I have to give the final finishing to the barrel, the front cover being the first.*

Meanwhile the cover and the bases for the supply are drying, I went to paint other things.*

As you can see, I painted the cpu cooler In order to combine, and, it looks better than I thought.*

After being happy about the result of the cpu cooler I got crazy and painted the molex of the power supply too.*

Here the tracks for the power supply are fastened to the basement of the mother board.*

As you can see, they support the weight and enter and come out freely.

Taking advantage of having removed the mother board for the movement of the supports of the power supply, I also painted the basement of the cpu cooler

It looks very nice.*

Now, to come to the end, I put the wires and everything in its place, closed the barrel and now, ….test and hope that when I turn on the computer nothing strange will be happen.

Here the barrel is already closed, with all of the buttons. Only one layer of painting and the protection is left.*

As you can see here there are two wooden buttons, I made them for the power and the reset. The lower controls are for the lights.*

Here it is, turned on and working.

The sight from the back.

I only have to take some pictures from inside, so that you can see the final view with everything connected, and some videos with the sound sensor working and other things. Also the artistic pictures of the finished barrel are still left.

here some pictures trying to take them from the best side.

these are from the interior.

on the last picture you can see how much the motherboard comes out in case to have to move something.

and, closing the worklog, some videos and the final picture from the barrel on the bar of my house.

Videos

http://s1008.photobucket.com/albums/...t=P1070579.flv

http://s1008.photobucket.com/albums/...t=P1070584.flv

Saludos.