Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Thread: Build My Computer

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

Default Re: Build My Computer

Dear Santa....
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    Dear Santa....
    I honestly hadn't thought about asking. Just put the RAM and two SSD's on the Christmas list though, so thanks! One 120GB for my laptop, and a 60GB boot drive for the wife's desktop. She wants a new laptop for Christmas (an entire glass of wine decommissioned the last one), but I think I'm going to wait and see if she gets a good corporate job that provides her one.
    I would really like my Thermaltake prizes... Thanks everyone for my wonderful prizes!

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Datech View Post
    I honestly hadn't thought about asking. Just put the RAM and two SSD's on the Christmas list though, so thanks! One 120GB for my laptop, and a 60GB boot drive for the wife's desktop. She wants a new laptop for Christmas (an entire glass of wine decommissioned the last one), but I think I'm going to wait and see if she gets a good corporate job that provides her one.
    Corporate laptops blow chunks.

it's like the difference between a 100,000$ quarter horse, and old Betsy luu over there with bad eyes and a slow hip your selling for 125$ or two goats in trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    Corporate laptops blow chunks.

it's like the difference between a 100,000$ quarter horse, and old Betsy luu over there with bad eyes and a slow hip your selling for 125$ or two goats in trade.
    Depends on the corporation and the department's needs and budget I just got my 300 engineers and devs the option for an i7 quad core with 8GB of RAM and a dedicated vid card. I also helped give our managers the option of nice MacBooks. She doesn't need much though, and as long as they don't lock it down too hard it won't be a problem. If she doesn't get one I'll probably grab her something cheap when the Tax Return sales pop up.
    I would really like my Thermaltake prizes... Thanks everyone for my wonderful prizes!

Woo, new computer is finally up and running! It's awesomely quiet at idle, and I'm really glad I got an SSD. My WEI is a 7.5, which was the score for both the proc (1100T) and RAM (8GB DDR3-1333). The graphics and primary disk were both 7.9!

I'll be using my virtual machine most of the day tomorrow, and potentially installing the free Batman game after I get the work done. I'll try and post the pictures after that.