Thread: Loud Pump

Default Loud Pump

I have a swiftec pump with an XSPC clear top on it, i have noticed that it is getting extremely loud. I'm using 1/4 inch ID tubing, compression fittings, and the res is directly above the pump with an anti cyclone fitting attached. Is there anything i can do to quiet my pump?
    Not dead yet

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: Loud Pump

I seem to remember artoo having a similar problem. ..I forget what the solution was though.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

maybe he will stumble upon this soon...
    Not dead yet

Anodized

Which pump are we talking? Is it a DDC type or a D5 type? Which top do you have? And most importantly how do you have it mounted?

Quote Originally Posted by MrGoat View Post
    Which pump are we talking? Is it a DDC type or a D5 type? Which top do you have? And most importantly how do you have it mounted?
    same questions.
    Plus;

did this pump all of a sudden become loud?
    did the water level drop?
    how old is the pump and loop?
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

I think I bought it from Blue On Black, but i guess i have been running the computer without the side panel, and there's a lot of noise, but it seems like most of it is from the pump. water level hasnt been an issue since i got compression fittings, and the res is right above the pump

The culprit may also be a rouge fan that isnt hooked into my fan controller... hmmmmm..... i think ill take the pump apart this weekend and see if i can clean it a little.
    Not dead yet

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

How do you have the pump mounted? I found that with the way I had mine mounted for a while, it would gradually work itself loose of the velcro and make an annoying hum until I pushed it down into place.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Anodized

I've found that my DDC is silent when isolated but makes enough vibration that if I have it mounted directly to anything like the bottom of a case it will use the case as a drum and become annoyingly loud.

woy...collokweee...weeble weeble blaaaat artoodeeto's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by diluzio91 View Post
    maybe he will stumble upon this soon...
    It would appear I've stumbled upon this thread

My pump, visually at least, is very similar, although my two nozzles are on the front of the pump and I have the top one blocked off.
    I originally attributed my pump's buzzing noise to the spinner portion slightly grazing the housing as it spun, and this seemed to have been caused by the way I had it mounted. I'd only screwed it down on one side, to two pieces of aluminum flat bar that weren't directly attached to each other. It had a fair bit of wobble room, so now the pump is screwed down with two screws to the inner base of the case. It's sitting parallel to the floor, with a piece of 1/8" foam between it and the base. For awhile it was ok, but it gradually develops the buzzing problem after it's been on a few minutes. I'm now attributing the issue to the temperature of the coolant - seems that as the temp goes up, the buzzing gets louder. At this point, aside from changing coolant (using Feser 1 black right now), I don't really know what to do about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElevateThis View Post
    I'd mod my dog if i could.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    (Steam me.... that sounds bad >_<)