View Poll Results: Which Colour Shall i paint my sera?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nissan Blue

7 24.14%
  • Green

11 37.93%
  • White

2 6.90%
  • Dark Blue

8 27.59%
  • Yellow

1 3.45%
  • Flint Grey

3 10.34%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pick me a color... :)

A big old Tease Apparently DonT-FeaR's Avatar

Default Re: Pick me a color... :)

find me a purple boys
    Quote Originally Posted by Drum Thumper View Post
    you tease!

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

I work in an automotive paint place and will be able to get you a specific brand and colour name tomorrow if there's anything you've seen you like - there's only one purple springing to mind at the moment and it's a Ford colour called Thistle Purple - it really is very nice dark and very pearly - I mixed a few litres last year for someone doing a VW Golf and even with the really lousy job they did putting the colour on, it still looked really nice. As for the other options, the nicest of the other colours I've seen would be...

White - Ford Frozen White (Solid) or if you want pearl - ask to look at some Suzuki Motorcycle colours from the last few Hayabusa years.
    Yellow - Renault Liquid Yellow (see my recent laptop paint job - see sig)
    Grey - VW/Audi Daytonagrau or Peugeot/Citroen Carlinite Grey (Carlinite is the grey in my Antec 900 revamp - see sig)
    Purple - Ford Thistle Purple or Jaguar Indigo
    Blue - Mazda Winning Blue or Fiat Blu Magnetico
    Green - Suzuki Lime Green Pearl (light) or Ford Ultimate Green (super pearly) or Chevrolet Synergy Green (metallic) (see sig)

Some of those colours (Liquid Yellow, Ultimate Green, Suzuki whites) are three-stage colours - a semi transparent pearly topcoat over a solid groundcoat then cleared so may add to your cost but they really pop)

I actually have most of these colours here at home because when I come across a colour I really like at work, I mix myself a half-litre and bring it home just in case I ever want that colour on a case heh...

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

Wow, I've never seen that car before. Looks like a Toyota Paseo and a Mazda MX-3 had a baby. I liked both those cars, and the Sera has a really nice look to it.

I always wanted to get a Mitsubishi FTO, but that car is long and weighty compared to that one. I like it.

Anyway, I always wanted a black and purple car. Doing that like the green one, with the top black, with the rest a deep purple would be sweet.

I like the Nissan Blue. However.. it's too plain. I would put some pearl in the first coat of clear if I shot it. Just a bit though. Enough to give it that little something extra. After the second coat of clear, I would spend about 2 weeks airbrushing the hell outta some graphics, and then back in the booth for 3 more coats of clear, then wet sand and buff.

Unlocked/Overclocked/Never Stock

Don't know if you considered it, but I think that Sera would look awesome in Go ManGo! or Hemi Orange (from the '06 and '08 Dodge Charger Daytona, respectively). Going from the list you provided, I'd lean toward the green.
    http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...e.php?u=555808

Quote Originally Posted by RogueOpportunist View Post
    In my experience the vast majority of "tech problems" are ID-10-T errors, usually caused by a nut loose on the keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DynamoNED View Post
    Don't know if you considered it, but I think that Sera would look awesome in Go ManGo! or Hemi Orange (from the '06 and '08 Dodge Charger Daytona, respectively). Going from the list you provided, I'd lean toward the green.
    The new Hemi Orange is a nice enough colour, but if you're headed for Orange, I'd really consider the 68 version of Hemi Orange - its a lot more, well orange - the new one is redder when you look at them side by side.

For a better idea of the "old" hemi orange - thats the colour of the General Lee (again, see my sig lol)

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

I'm digging the Nissian Blue or the Green.
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chaksq View Post
    the white or grey is too muted for that car.
    I'm voting white. Plain white is too muted, but it could be set off very well with some black accents.

(This is a LOT different car, I know, but it's just an example.)
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

I like the green.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV