Thread: Temperature reading

ATX Mental Case

Default Temperature reading

My temp gauge reads in F. And since im a gamer my vid card gets hot. There display is built into my case and u cant change any settings. The peak Temp it goes up to is 140F my vid card has hit that a few times...but it that really hot? hot enough to go into a panic, shut off the game, and put house fan infront of my comp? lol
    No genuis is a organized worker.

PROJECT "2GHz OF THUMPIN BASS" HAS BEGUN!!!! CHEAK IT OUT IN THE "PROJECT WORKLOGS" AREA.

ATX Mental Case

Default Re: Temperature reading

well it depends what the air temp is inside your case, because if we dont know that then we dont know if it is too hot.

to put it in simpler words... suppose two guys have 500hp cars and they want to drag race. one guys car weighs 4000lbs and the others weighs in at 2500lbs. who do you think is going to win?
    Optimist - The glass is half full
    Pessimist - The glass is half empty
    Engineer - The glass is twice as big
    Me - There is water in a glass, deal with it

ATX Mental Case

the guy wieighing in at 2500...less weight to pull or push (FWD or RWD)...but i dont have a temp orbe for insied of my case =[...should i take 1 off of say...my hd and let it float in the moddle of te case to get a quick. If so, ill do it tomorow im at an easter party now.
    No genuis is a organized worker.

PROJECT "2GHz OF THUMPIN BASS" HAS BEGUN!!!! CHEAK IT OUT IN THE "PROJECT WORKLOGS" AREA.

Also check you have enough case fans to get rid of hot air. Another thing to check is that all your fans are working.

Resident Alcoholic

Just to add to the whole case fan thing, anyone know of any case fans which are ACTUALY silent? well, not totaly silent but as close to silent as you can get! Thing is, my machine is silent without case fans, but even adding just one makes it LOUD. So has anyone used any case fans which realy are hard to hear?
    Cheers
    H

Antec makes 120mm fans which have 3 selection speeds that run amazingly quiet, they're not pretty but they ARE quiet.

I can't imagine any temp readout device NOT having an option to switch between metric and imperial, did you try holding down the buttons for like 10 seconds? Wouldn't know which one to suggest since I don't know what your display looks like but normally that's how you switch from metric to imperial or vise versa.

Is that 140deg readout for your ambient case temperature? In other words, that's the actual atmospheric temperature inside your case? If so then yes, that's quite hot. There's another thread here somewhere about fans and so forth, see if you can find it, some answers might be found there.