Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $$$How can I make money?$$$

Anodized

Exclamation $$$How can I make money?$$$

Does anyone have any ideas how to make money. I am currently a senior with no job options where I live and I need a small source of income. Does anyone have any ieas? Thank you.
    "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid." --Han Solo--
    Star Wars IV:A New Hope

Default Re: $$$How can I make money?$$$

Try a job?

Sorry, but i had to say it...you can't have no job options. I'm a student and i work in TGI Fridays to make cash. Last week i made over £100 in tips alone. Hence how i can afford this expensve hobby, not to mention a sometimes expensive girlfriend...man, i'm glad she can't see this!

Have an ask around your locale, see what comes up. I see it says you live on an army base in Germany? Are you German, or are you posted there from another country?

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Life is like an analogy...

if you're the adventurous type, try starting up a small business, be it legit or not.

back in my grade 12 year, i figured out that i was very good at making jewelry, so me and a couple friends set up a small thing. it didnt last long, but we made money.

just recently, another friend came to me with a business proposition for some sort of networking system installation. apparently im already a full partner in this deal, and im effectively self employed and am soon to be in charge of installing networking equipment in hotels and such. i get to set my own wages too. im just completely confused/excited about it, so needless to say, im meeting with this friend very soon over a "business lunch".

what im getting at is the fact that if you offer any sort of service, people will go for it. it may take a little while to get off the ground, but it works. it beats working for someone else. its also very good to keep in mind that material services, such as my jewelry escapade, are more successful. people want THINGS more than anything else. pretty soon, you'll probably find yourself making contacts and getting all sorts of cool things tossed your way.

so have a think about what kinds of things you are good at, and who would want those services. if you currently have nothing, you can only go up.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

I have done ok by buying used junk at garage sales and selling it on ebay. Just be sure if you are going to do it that you read up on it before you get too involved. It's easy, but there are lots of tricks.

ATX Mental Case

lemonade?
    No genuis is a organized worker.

PROJECT "2GHz OF THUMPIN BASS" HAS BEGUN!!!! CHEAK IT OUT IN THE "PROJECT WORKLOGS" AREA.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDanger
    lemonade?
    HaaaaHaaaaHaaa:p

lol, dont think that you could get much, but try modding other peoples comps for money... plus charge them for the materials! that'd be good and fun, if not especially good time management and not all that much business....but you get to try out your ideas.

Fresh Paint

My "job", so to speak, is going around to a few local buisinesses and helping them with their computers. I train them on programs, or do repair or set up networks. I have about three regular clients, and a bunch of smaller jobs, since they refer me to their friends and such. I generally charge by the job instead of by the hour, which can get me in trouble, but it's an easy way to make money, and everyone's always happy to see the computer guy. I started out doing some work for my aunt, who was tired of the overcharging nerd who did this stuff for her before. If you're good and/or cheap (I'm the cheap guy), word will spread.

Water Cooled

OK you need ... one red paperclip
    That's all.
    (warning this site is being hit hard. He was featured on a National Morning News show Monday)

Anodized

I have a job at a local supermarket chain, I work a couple of days a week and the rest I spend thinking of things to do to my pc or doing something pc related.
    "It's a show we're filming. It's like cops, but from the criminals point of view"