Thread: Zune Stuff

Default Zune Stuff

So my Kin phone uses the Zune software to sync music to the phone, this isn't a big deal to me, except all my playlists are in itunes, and i HATE the interface of the zune software. Is there a way to get my playlists from itunes to the zune program? I already have the zune accessing all of my media files, so that isnt an issue, i just want my playlists without having to manually copy each file into a new playlist, ( i have ~14 playlists of 25 - 50 songs) Thanks for the help guys!
    Not dead yet

Default Re: Zune Stuff

Do you like the Kin? I've heard it's awful, but idk . . . I'd like to hear something from a real person.

I've been using the Zune software for a few years now. I would never go back to iTunes. It always handled metadata in weird ways and did funny things to my files. I did like the store at the time, but my last three OS installs have never had iTunes on them.

I actually love the phone, i didn't buy it expecting a smart phone, so thats probably why i like it. I'm just upset i cant have my playlists running on there.
    Not dead yet

Quote Originally Posted by d_stilgar View Post
    Do you like the Kin? I've heard it's awful, but idk . . . I'd like to hear something from a real person.
    I have the Kin Two. It's the best feature phone available. It's a terrible smart phone. But I have no real complaints over it. I was going to write up a review, but I never got around to organizing my notes. I'll post them here though, just keep in mind that these are just my notes that I made off-handedly. They weren't meant to be viewed by anyone.

No On-Screen Keyboard except for keypad when making calls.

Awkward volume and screen lock button placement, just a learning curve though.

Uncomfortable camera button placement. Although two-step which is almost kind of nice. On-Screen button available, however doesn't auto-focus first such as with the button.

Fm radio works only with headphones, although works quite well in my area.

Uncomfortable, but doable, texting when charging or when using headphones as the cord placement is generally where your hands are.

Thick. 5/8th of an inch on the spot. Comfortable to hold though. Nice grippy feel to the backing. Not rubbery, just a matte type of coating.

Device feels very well made. Have no complaint about build quality at all.

Battery life is great. Even with light wifi usage. Multiple day use with fair use of texting, pixing and visiting social network websites.

HTML browser is better and faster than any feature phone that I've used before. Probably as it has zunehd hardware and 3G/wifi. However URL and favorites bar is poorly implemented and difficult to use. Jumps around a lot. Hard to pull down. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense. But works regardless. Slight learning curve I'd say.

Can't sync phone without zune software. Leagues better than iTunes in any case. No external memory, however 8gb internal.

Email app works quite well with multi fetch settings. Earliest being every 15min, then 30 then 60. Ability to choose sync date. 1 day, 3 days, 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month or all.

Software feels snappy and quick. Very little lag. Touch screen is excellent. You touch it, it does it. Thanks to Capacitive.

Primary button is not a home button, but a back button. Hold down for home button.

Call quality is on par with any other phone. Proximity sensor works very well. But only when calling.

Messaging is fantastic. Just like using a messenger. Threaded messaging.

Zune software is exactly the same as on a zune. Which is really great.

Camera quality is very acceptable, although not as good as the better 8mp ones out there. Comparing diamonds with diamonds.

Doesn't display date with time. Just displays time. Time is clickable once unlocked though, which pulls up date, battery life, 3G and wifi. As well as sirplane mode and Bluetooth. And data roaming option.

Calendar works fairly well. I've had better. Can't quite place my finger on why though. It's just slightly different.

Themes requires restart. Annoying but doable as there's only 4. Blue, red, pink and green (default).

Settings are basic and to the point. Everything you need, but not everything you might want.

Alarm works. Easy to do. Interesting sound options that are Better than other phones. Nice unique alert sounds mixed with sounds that are more Luke music. Pretty cool. Lots of options. LOTS of options. All nice though.

Volume options are subpar. 5 options. Silent, vibrate, soft, normal and loud. I keep switching between soft and normal. Either too quiet or too loud. However I have sensitive ears and am very sound conscious.

Calculator works. No scientific option. Just basic.

No while-locked wallpaper options included except "nice to meet you". Ability to use your own though.

Somewhat dim keyboard.

Volume works while screen is locked. Haven't had problems with it yet though.

all you should have to do is put the playlist in the folder zune saves their play list to. that is what i do. also the zune software takes sometime getting use to but it is so much better the itunes.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    Or are you talking about vending machine choice C-4?

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.

video bios flashing guide