Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My image hosting service!

Default My image hosting service!

Hey, first post around here!

I'm looking at getting into the case modding community soon, so I thought I better say hi etc.

Anyway, the purpose behind this thread was to give you guys something back for an awsome forum! I have just (2 days ago) set up my own image hosting site !

I hope my site offers a good service, it is:

* 100% free. No sign up even nessisary
    * Clean. The layout if nice and clean and designed in 100% strict, valid CSS
    * Useful. We all host images a lot!
    * Simple. A few clicks and your done!
    * Fast. The script works nice and fast, so uploads don't take much time.
    * Reliability. The site is hosted with more than ample bandwidth, meaning you can rely on you being able to access you images at any time.

Again, it would be really cool if you guys could show your support for my site by using it as an alternative to imageshack or photobucket etc. I've tested it against imageshack and I find it substantally quicker, test it and get back to me with your results . Oh and there is basic stuff like precoded bbcode for forums with linking thumbnails etc. Thanks everyone, any questions or bugs email me - address is on the page. Thanks,

LoTech
    www.lotechdesigns.com/host
    Support the underdog

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Default Re: My image hosting service!

okay, now make it so we can sign up for accounts and i'm sold =]

(i want to be able to click a button and see all the pictures i have ever uploaded, y'know?)

Anywho, looks good. i think i'll go ahead and upload a piccy of my PC just to test it out:

Nice.

I'm sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    okay, now make it so we can sign up for accounts and i'm sold =]

(i want to be able to click a button and see all the pictures i have ever uploaded, y'know?
    I know, would be cool. Im playing around at the moment with any spare time I get to enhance the service. Already added a few things to when it first started. I've looked into multiple uploads, which I think would be popular.

I think I should really play around with logging in stuff to give people a choice I guess. Anyway, thanks for the support

LoTech

Looks ok, where's the catch? Free hosting? No ads? To good to be true?

Oh, and there's a typo on the 'about' page...

Quote Originally Posted by xmastree
    Looks ok, where's the catch? Free hosting? No ads? To good to be true?

Oh, and there's a typo on the 'about' page...

you should specify where the typo is.

"no need to worry about loosing your pictures"

It's losing, buddy =]

anywho, accounts would be very nice.

And perhaps there is no catch? maybe he has another website that he uses to support it?

Fresh Paint

Very nice, like the simplicity and the ability to change the colors.

I would like to see a mouseover feature on the menu. make the background on the buttons turn blue or something, just to make it a little less static, but thats just me. Nice layout too, have you done any other sites?

oh, and if you have done other sites and would like to help me with mine, drop me an email at BNCR33 (sign that attracts bots) gmail (dot) com

(It's a personal website and i just need a bit of help with frames, but graphics would be nice too )

Ha, where to start Really appreciate how nice you guys are, good atmosphere here! Thanks for all your comments!

There is no catch at all don't worry. As it stands, all of the host etc is paid for straight out of my pocket, with no income at all generated yet. However, the trusty google ads may come soon, like at the bottom or something. This would be primarily to pay for the domain name. As it stands, its a sub-domain of my personal site, but it would be great for it to have its own domain.

Thanks for pointing out the typo, thought I had proof read it well enough Not very professional to have typos!

Quote Originally Posted by jrabbitb
    I would like to see a mouseover feature on the menu. make the background on the buttons turn blue or something
    Actually... there is already a mouse over effect on them, a light grey... I realize that I may have made it a bit too light, and if your screen has quite a high brightness, you can loose the effect. I think I will make the effect darker...

Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    oh, and if you have done other sites and would like to help me with mine, drop me an email at BNCR33 at gmail.com
    I design quite a lot of websites, as a hobby primarily and would be more than happy to help! I'll send you an email and you can discuss any issues you have and I will try and help you out, should be fine!

By the way, it would be a good idea to edit your post and change your message so your email address reads how I posted in the quote, don't want any of those bots getting your address

Thank you all again for the great feedback, makes it worth doing. As I have said, it is currently all paid for straight out of my pocket, so I really do appreciate any traffic at all, and hopefully the ads may generate a bit of income from the site (possibly to pay off the domain at least) and to help me out a little. Thanks!

LoTech

Resident Alcoholic

Quote Originally Posted by lotech
    LoTech
    Very nice site - nice and clean and efficient, thanks!

This might sound stupid...but you dont happen to be the same LoTech from www.stencilrevolution.com do you? Only your sites title has a graffiti font and you write like him lol.
    Peace
    H

Quote Originally Posted by onelegout
    This might sound stupid...but you dont happen to be the same LoTech from www.stencilrevolution.com do you?
    Haha, damn right olo! Small world eh... I may actually be sending stuff back soon from that enchange Anyway, that is quite funny! Thanks

LoTech