Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Wonder Woman Case Mod

Now making cases for the heck of it =) Waynio's Avatar

Default Re: Wonder Woman Case Mod

Dude, that flush fit window & how you did it amazing wow & I'll bet it was scary lol .
    And eww I've tried drilling a fin stack on a cooler many moons ago & it didn't go so well but this came out perfect .

I really think you should have had this up on bit-tech also, I'd have voted for it on MOTM easily, everything about this mod is quality +rep.

Oh & I checked out the painting motherboard project & yeah I think I'll pass on the idea, that can with all it's warning signs scared me off DANGER DANGER EXTREME POISON DANGER EXTREME lmao .

Quote Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
    that can with all it's warning signs scared me off DANGER DANGER EXTREME POISON DANGER EXTREME lmao .
    Yea yea , I just ignore all that jargon. I think they just needed extra wording so the can doesn't look too bare.

It does work very good. It's used outdoors a lot because it shields for moisture and static.
    Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid. - John Wayne

** Special Announcement

Patriot has been kind enough to sponsor the build and will be sending me some of this-

Patriot Gamer 2 Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666)

I'll be running 16 Gb total

Special thanks to Scot

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

congrats on the sponsor! and NICE job on that window!! It definitely cleans it up a lot

The side panel looks much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field

Thank you both.

I'm working on the power supply right now trying to get the paint to look good. I tried just black, then I tried just gold, then I tried gold and colored stars, then I tried gold stars that were smooth and a crinkle gold on the rest. And, now it's back down to bare metal I just can't decide what I like best.

I painted it all gold then I stuck some star decals on so I can overlay the gold with the red/white/blue.

Spray over the top with black -

Peel off the decals -

It looks cool if it was for a craft project or something but not for a nice case like this. It's just too much I think. Maybe too many stars or the placement of them...I don't know.

So since I figure it was destined for a complete redo I tried one last thing just out of curiosity. I sprayed the gold lacquer over the black enamel I just used. It crinkles up and leaves a cool effect but then I really hated it!

So now I start over.

I think I just about have the PSU done.

I went with the colored stars and black so that it will flow better with the rest of the color scheme. I still need to let the paint dry and then wet sand it to make it smooth and then lightly buff it. I also added a little bit of gold flake to make the stars glow a little.

Here's a few pics right after paint -

In this pic the stars look bright white but the actually do have color. The gold flake makes them glow a little in bright light. I'll have a lot of lighting effects inside the case so it should look pretty cool.

Not sure what the little white specs are in the last pic but they aren't actually there?? Camera weirdness? You can also see the texture of the paint kinda sux. The spray can decided it was going to stick on somehow when I pressed down on the nozzle so I couldn't control the spray lol. Brand new can too! Argh.

My sleeving will be here tomorrow and I can get started on that! Then I can get the psu mounted for the last time. I hope.

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

2nd atempt looks much better than the first.

Your lense is dirty. Get a lense cleaning kit and clean it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuganater View Post
    2nd atempt looks much better than the first.

Your lense is dirty. Get a lense cleaning kit and clean it up.

Those are cell phone pics. I normally use my HD camera but was too lazy to go in the house and get it.

I am finally satisfied with the power supply. It matches with the rest of the case.

I got a package today that I desperately needed. It was my super special sleeving!

I think most people know that Wonder Woman had a rope that she would lasso the bad guy and then make them tell the truth right? And it was a gold rope right?

Well . . . . .

Didn't it look a lot like this ....

If that's not the most Wonder Womanish stuff you've ever seen then I don't know what is.

It's a new kind that Techflex just started making and it's not even advertised quite yet. Well it might be now, but it wasn't when I ordered it.

I started on it right away and realized really quick just how much I hate messing with the stuff. But I got it done.

The smallest they make is 1/4" though so I had to sleeve 2 wires together for it to work right. And then I went a little longer on the heat shrink just to make sure it holds good.

I routed it through the back of the case and quickly discovered it's a lot shorter than I thought. It barely makes it on the 24 pin and then I discovered I have nowhere for the 8 pin to pop out over the top of the mobo because one of the fans is resting right up against it.

So I pulled the cables back out to see what it could look like if I kept them out in the open and drape them inside the case.

I will still have more cables coming from the psu for the Hdd's and optical drives. And then the front panel wiring, USB, fan controller, etc. So I'll have no choice but to show some cables.

I will have to extend the 8 pin cable no matter what just so it can be routed better.

I'm worn out for today. See ya next time.
    Last edited by BS Mods; 07-06-2011 at 02:17 AM. Reason: pic