Thread: Soldering 103: Through Hole Soldering aka Building an Arduino Protoshield.

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Default Soldering 103: Through Hole Soldering aka Building an Arduino Protoshield.

A new story entry has been added:

[drupal=636]Soldering 103: Through Hole Soldering aka Building an Arduino Protoshield.[/drupal]

By: Charles Gantt

In this tutorial I will cover soldering through hole components to a PCB. To do this I will be setting up a Arduino Proto-Shield remixed from Seeed Studio. So heat up your iron and get ready to melt some metal.

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Default Re: Soldering 103: Through Hole Soldering aka Building an Arduino Protoshield.

good tip on bending the outermost pins on the headers, I hadn't thought of that! I usually hold the board in one clip of my helping hands and the header in the other, and balance it all just right until I get one pin soldered lol

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

Default Re: Soldering 103: Through Hole Soldering aka Building an Arduino Protoshield.

This makes me nervous.

I don't have a decent soldering gun.

Yes, it's a Weller. However, the recent tips are dang expensive. The frustrating part about them is the fact the last two literally split from overheating, NOT from force.

ARRGHH D:<
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta