Thread: Water transfer paper

Default Water transfer paper

I remember someone here used some awesome water transfer paper on a mod a while back. I was wondering where to get it, or if someone here would be willing to help me print on some (if a special printer is needed). Right now I'm just looking for some info, but ill be posting pics of the image that i want to have printed as soon as i get the photoshopping done for it. Thanks for your help guys.
    Not dead yet

Default Re: Water transfer paper

These are the 2 images that i have found, If anyone else stumbles across a blue/white dragon that is angled roughly to look like its about to breathe/spew fire/ice feel free to post... im trying to make the dragon breathe a window out of it's mouth... i would airbrush it on, but i have no skill, and don't want to pay to get the panel airbrushed, because then i don't feel like it's completely mine...
    Not dead yet

http://wall.alphacoders.com/

thousand of wall papers and images. its where i get all of mine from.

here is a few i found.

http://wall.alphacoders.com/big.php?i=106388

http://wall.alphacoders.com/big.php?i=96293

http://wall.alphacoders.com/big.php?i=80134

hoped i helped.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    Or are you talking about vending machine choice C-4?

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.

video bios flashing guide

Are you sure you're looking for water transfer paper and not a vinyl wrap? Water transfer is that really thin material used on the plastic car models. I used it on cobra-magic for the knob labels. If someone did a large decal, I'd be most impressed. Not the easiest stuff to work with.

i believe the project was ark angel... time to go hunting

Edit... it wasnt, but i cant remember it now... i will find this mod... the guy used a water slide decal the size of a PC side panel.. i would use vinyl, but i don't want the edge i suppose
    Not dead yet

a friend of mine started sketching one of the dragons because she was bored... my reaction was approximately 0_o followed by

Not dead yet

I agree that making true water transfer decals of this size would not be the optimal way to go. I'm sure it's been done, but there are many disadvantages. First like Mach sort of eluded to is that a decal this big would be very, very, very tricky to transfer without tearing or rippling the decal to the tune of your heart breaking. This water transfer decal material is designed for and best served as a way to add very small logos and details to plastic modeling material. There are other reasons it might not be the best way to go. You'll need a color laser printer with obviously very high resolution or your huge image will look lousy, I'd avoid ink-jet printers because the ink is water soluble and will run when you go to transfer, probably not noticeable in small accents but will almost certainly tarnish your big ones. Also, if your image is not already produced in the size you want your decal to be you will likely see some pixelation and quality loss as you upscale it. Water-slide decals are also extremely delicate and become quite brittle over time if not properly sealed and gaurded from mechanical abrasion. You might want to use a proper decal sealant followed by another layer of clear plexi, glass, or clear vinyl.
    For products if you are still interested;

-Tango Papa sells a good variety of the true water-slide decal paper and might be worth a look.

-Stradasportsstore carries a good decal sealant [MSI-12 Micro Super Film (Decal Saver) = last product on the list]

You can get it at most hobby stores, but it's expensive. Like $10 for 10 sheets.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtM View Post
    You can get it at most hobby stores, but it's expensive. Like $10 for 10 sheets.
    Do you know what sizes they are sold in at hobby stores? Wondering if it is 8*11 only or if they have large sheets. I've never looked there.