Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: We Survived!

Default Re: We Survived!

Glad to hear he made it through. Hopefully you guys can get some rest soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field

I don't come to this site enough anymore, I miss out on all the news. Kayin, I can't even imagine what you are going through. My heart breaks when I think about it. My thoughts and prayers go out to you, your wife, your mom-in-law and your little one. Hope you can get some sleep, and food. If there is anything we can do for you guys, let us know. I will go out and donate blood.

Also, Gene I am glad you and yours are safe too!

Hope you guys can have a speedy recovery from your trials and have life go back to some semblance of normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Surgery went well, then he fell to pieces in special care, and was summarily moved to PICU. His issue? Pain control. When we got to PICU, we got a doctor who knew Asher, wrote the necessary orders and late last night he finally stabilized.

If he stays OK, we'll go to a room tomorrow, and wait through two to three weeks of external drain before getting a new shunt. Also, his heart appears just fine, but there's still a lot of risk here.
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08

He's continuing a trend of downward slide. He's still dropping his sats, he's tossing violently trying to get the drain out and he's still having problems with bradycardia and tachycardia. If he's not better, he'll have to be sedated, which may mean going back on a ventilator with already damaged lungs.

We're gonna try and sleep, and pray it's better in the morning.
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Wow. I really cannot imagine what you three are going through. Still keeping you in my prayers.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Thoughts and prayers are with you guys. Hoping your next post is of better news.

Well, today has been pretty much the end of the line for some things. Asher is still holding on, though a change in his sedation medication has left him unable to even take comfort from Mom, Dad or Mr. Bumpy. If he can't get his sats straight after the antibiotics, he has to have a pacemaker. Our money will hold out for one last bill, and we can't go to our vascular appointments tomorrow. We can't even get in the Ronald McDonald house again because SSI decided that even though we make less than a grand a month now, we make too much to get one red cent.

We are finally bereft of all resources. I'll try and sell my PCs, but nobody wants stuff that's not Sandybridge right now. I'll not be able to get my Celebrex for arthritis, and as of right now we live in the parking deck at Children's. We can keep getting Sarena's Coumadin, but we can't even afford to see if her levels are right any more.

Thanks SSI, I'm so glad you think we make enough to do it all.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Wow, talk about a string of bad luck... What does SSI consider "limited income" then? $1,000 sounds pretty limited to me, especially for three people, all of whom require expensive medical treatments. What are your long-term financials looking like right now? What happens if you can't make that next bill? How can we help?
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

What a roller coaster. We have been trying to work out a possible Raffle, but we are still trying to sort out the prizes and vendors for the last one. This makes it extremely difficult to ask for some thing new when the old commitments haven't been fulfilled. I really have no idea where to go from here. We do have an upcoming contest, but its mainly being administered at the request of the manufacturer using their guidelines. If you have a paypal account we could maybe put up a donations thread.

Quote Originally Posted by OvRiDe View Post
    If you have a paypal account we could maybe put up a donations thread.
    What he said. I'm not in a position to help much but I'd be willing to give a little and I'm sure others would as well. Again thoughts and prayers go out for you.