Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Clicking 1.5TB Seagate

Default Re: Clicking 1.5TB Seagate

Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    Ah, paranoia. It goes away after the first few hard drives start clunking for no apparent reason.

Huh, wait. This seems oddly familiar......
    I'd say it was just paranoia but CrystalDiskInfo, speedfan, homeserver smart are all giving me warnings and saying I should replace the disk.

If it was just clunking it would be one thing, but the server is freaking out about the drive. Once the drive acts up the server starts freaking out. I start losing connection to the server because everythings hanging up and slowing down once the drive acts up, as I'm assuming its trying to make a copy of something on that drive, or the drive is the one something else is being copied to. The server becomes essentially useless, as I can't access it for more than a couple minutes before it tries to get something off that drive, and if it acts up when it is trying the server freaks out, spits out errors/warnings/etc.

This is getting ridiculous. I went through the RMA process and sent the drive in. Delivery confirmation said the drive was properly delivered last Monday. Seagate's website still says they have not received the drive and no one will respond to me in email or going through their page to request a response.

WTF. Never had any issue like this dealing with Western Digital's RMA process.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Weird...idk, the only time I've had to deal with them, they were very prompt in responding over email. When did you first try to contact them?
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NightrainSrt4 View Post
    I'd say it was just paranoia but CrystalDiskInfo, speedfan, homeserver smart are all giving me warnings and saying I should replace the disk.

If it was just clunking it would be one thing, but the server is freaking out about the drive. Once the drive acts up the server starts freaking out. I start losing connection to the server because everythings hanging up and slowing down once the drive acts up, as I'm assuming its trying to make a copy of something on that drive, or the drive is the one something else is being copied to. The server becomes essentially useless, as I can't access it for more than a couple minutes before it tries to get something off that drive, and if it acts up when it is trying the server freaks out, spits out errors/warnings/etc.
    Yeah it's a catch-22 - when a drive fails or seems to be in imminent danger OF failing WHS will do everything it can to shift info to other drives - problem is, that means constantly trying to access the failing/failed drive which then causes problems all of their own.... In it's own way, its TRYING to be nice heh

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Weird...idk, the only time I've had to deal with them, they were very prompt in responding over email. When did you first try to contact them?
    This past Wednesday, two days after Delivery Confirmation confirmed they delivered it to them. I still haven't gotten an email after emailing them, so I sent out another one this morning. We will see. . .

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Weird. The only time I had to contact them they responded within hours.. *shrugs*
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Got a response today. They said they replied when I sent my last email, but there was nothing in my inbox or junk/spam. The rep said their system says they haven't gotten the drive. Asked for my delivery confirmation number so they can check for themselves.

Detailed Results:

Delivered, May 16, 2011, 10:15 am, MCALLEN, TX 78503
    Out for Delivery, May 16, 2011, 10:10 am, MCALLEN, TX 78501
    Sorting Complete, May 16, 2011, 10:00 am, MCALLEN, TX 78501
    Arrival at Post Office, May 16, 2011, 8:43 am, MCALLEN, TX 78501
    Processed through Sort Facility, May 11, 2011, 10:30 pm, SAN ANTONIO, TX 78284
    Processed through Sort Facility, May 10, 2011, 6:59 pm, NASHUA, NH 03063
    Acceptance, May 10, 2011, 12:29 pm, FRAMINGHAM, MA 01701
    And the address I was told to ship to.

SEAGATE TECHNOLOGY INTERNATIONAL
    C/O JABIL GLOBAL SERVICES
    5700 SOUTH INTERNATIONAL PKWY, SUITE A
    McAllen
    TX, 78503-8879
    United States
    So . . . yeah. Guess I just wait and see what they say. Frustrating.

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

13 days is unacceptable for any company.

Sorry, USPS lists it in reverse chronological order, so it's been 7 days now. I'm just concerned as they have had it for seven days but nothing in their system says they've got the drive yet.

Finally got an acceptable response back. They still can't figure out where my drive is. No one can figure out where it is, whether it's lost in the system, or what.

But they pushed through the return anyway, according to a different rep. They said they'd give me tracking info once it leaves the warehouse. Whether this is true, or just a ploy to buy them a few more days in figuring out what they've done with my drive, I'm not sure. But I'll give them the few more days to figure it out.

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

BBB time?
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta