14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ecs kn1 sli extreme

0 0%
  • ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe

14 100.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: motherboard decision

Default motherboard decision

I have a decision to make but i cant decide. What motherboard do you think i should get the choice is:

Ecs kn1 sli extreme

or

ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe

i want to know what motherboard you people think is the most reliable and the better performance based on price. i hope you all can help

ATX Mental Case

Default Re: motherboard decision

I say go with the Asus. The ECS I've heard is a pretty good board but won't overclock very well. That may not mean much to you if you don't plan on overclocking, but a board that will hold stable even under extremely pressured situations such as that Asus board will more than likely hold together perfect otherwise.
    Visit my site --> Kansas City LAN and Tech Promo Site <--

Asus A8R-MVP
    AMD Athlon 64 3700+ (2.64ghz)
    ATI Saphire Radeon X1600 Pro x2 crossfire
    Corsair Twinx2048-3500LL

Ive heard the ecs sli extreme is good performance for the money also i have heard things about Asus motherboards and stuff like they have rubbish transisters which dont last long. This decission is going to be harder than i thought. ok heres some more information its my first build so i want a motherboard with good performance and room for future upgrades i dont realy want to go over £100 pound but them 2 motherboards are at two extremes i would want one wich is just in the middle. Is their any motherboards out their which are good overclockers, good performance and good quality for £100 if anyone knows of any please tell me from now on i will be searching the internet for just the one i hope someone can help me with this and thanks archmaille for giving me some information and replying to my thread

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Out of those two boards?

man... study up.

DFI is high quality, and they overclock very well. plus, there's one for every price range, and they're pretty <3

thansk ill look up on dfi t sounds like a couch company to me but ill give it a go

Welder Of Aluminum bartvandenberg's Avatar

id personally stay far away from asus. ive had a couple.. nothing but problem.s dont know the ecs board at all. but.. dfi is good. ill second that. but.. im stuck on abit. nothing but praise for abit.

ATX Mental Case

i have three asus mobos from different socket generations, one of which is the SLi Delux, and they all run very stable and have great features. The Sli Delux is a very feature rich and stable SLi mobo, however its not the greatest overclocker. It your looking for a feature rich overclocking mobo. Try one of these:

Asus A8N32 SLi
    Asus A8R32 MVP
    MSI K8N Diamond Plus
    DFI LANPARTY UT NF4 SLI-DR

or check out anandtech's reviews of the mid range nforce4 mobos, that include EPOX, Abit, and Gigabyte mobos.

ATX Mental Case

I got Asus A8n5X from neweeg very good moterbokard, and alsho good reviwes there (5/5)

Fresh Paint

Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    Out of those two boards?

man... study up.

DFI is high quality, and they overclock very well. plus, there's one for every price range, and they're pretty <3
    Yeah, when I built my compy a few years back ... I chose a DFI mobo...It's been very reliable and have not had a problem since the build. I haven't O'Ced it, but the options are there if your into O'Cing.

lol i got a ecs kn1 sli extreme lol i just thought id get one instead of fussing about if it doesnt work ill take it back if it breaks within my warranty period ill take it back but if it doesnt ill buy a better one.