Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: project M8 (CaseLabs M8 workstation build)

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Default Re: project M8 (CaseLabs M8 workstation build)

How Dare You Post With No Update!!!

This mod is epic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Shut up and take my money!

Moar plz?
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw
    Will have another Aldersan pic in a bit.

Myrmidon

Strip it, paint it, and love on it... Commando's Avatar

Wow, absolutely epic is right. Amazing...

TD

Thank you all! Small update

STL files went into the 3d printer 15.30. The estimated time was 8 hours and 30 min. Tired as i was, I calculated that it would be done around 2300 then.

So, the clock was 23.05, and I had calculated that the 3d printer would be done. I came to find this:

For the second time this day I went mental in a way best described with the next picture.

Lesson = My math skills is non-existing after only eating 2 apples and a chocolate bar the entire day -.-

Well, not much left, so I would just wait the extra hour with a mate. We had gone to burgerking, and then to the school lol...

To use the time, we took a trip around the different facilities at the school. This thing is something that someone HAS to build into a casemod sometime! Its a quite powerfull multijoint arm.

And just to make the CNC people out there droole. I sadly dont have access to this, as it is an experimental machine -.-

This was made with the "mill" above.

Dont ask me why lol!

Various robots. Some build by students, others bought to be further developed.

Mhhhhhhh copper!

An early model of the SDU Viking team´s racecar. Every year they build a new race car that will compete with different universities around the globe in a international race. They build it from scratch with certain demands like weight, engine size etc.

Our robot table soccer machine. I dare you to beat it on "pro" setting.

Back to the parts! DONE!

This is the material the machine uses. The white is the model material, and the brown is the support material.

How it will fit together.

The support material will be melted away in this acid bath. Now there is only to leave them there for tomorrow morning
    is that a 120.9 raddy on your case, or are you just happy to see me?

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Damn I need to go to your school!

Your more than welcome

Got the stuff out of the acid bath, and put some more in the printer

How the parts looks when put together, with a modders ruler to show how big it is

When the 24 pin has been insertet into the printed part.

This is how it will cover over the motherboard. The tolerance is quite narrow in this place, but it fits like a glove!

Here you can see the printed stuff layed on the motherboard tray. Just need to cut slots for them.

And done!

With the motherboard insertet to the case.

As you can see here, I made a slight BoBo and mis-measured... Luckily its an easy fix, but i will have to reprint the parts.

How it looks from the front,

And from the back!

Hope you have enjoyed it

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

very cool. Can't wait to see come cables in that.

Your wish is my command

Update!

First, a little video of the 3d printer in action

Got the holder for the GFX wires done Here you can see it with one of the 6 pins the 7950 i bought requires.

Since the 7950 requires two 6 pins, i divided the "thing" into two channels. 6 wires in each.

As you can see, there is not much room to work with, but there is enough

The wires then goes onto the backside, and up the rest of the way to the psu (will show later on when i get the rest fabricated

How it looks from the front.

And when the motherboard is inserted into the case.

And a money shot

Hope you enjoyed I am SO close to pulling the trigger on another 7950 card just because it would look awzum with two of them in CF. But cash and WAF is against me sadly.

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Another amazing build, p0Pe! Sorry I haven't chimed in before now, life's been keeping me pretty busy. I have to say, it looks like you're managing to pull out all the stops again. PC-BETO was awesome and this one looks to be even better.

Quote Originally Posted by p0Pe View Post
    Now, all the haters that sometimes crawl up from their holes yelling "bwuuhuuh CNC machining is killing modding, and it have nothing to do with creativity" better slam their head against a wall and GTFO beacuse this machine is EPIC!
    I have to chime in on this. First off, CNC machining is not killing modding, and it has just as much to do with creativity as a Dremel. It really is a whole different category of modding though, you must admit. Someone with access to the machinery you have access to can create things that people like myself can only dream of or pay someone with access to said machinery to make. Without a ton of money to outsource the labor it would simply not be possible for me to make what you've made here.

Having said that though, even to pay someone else to do it *I* would have to design it. That's the creative part. All of these awesome pieces of this build we're seeing here were made by you, and that is doubly awesome, but even if you paid someone to manufacture them, you created them.

Yes, I'm jealous. I have a hard time imagining being able to create literally any size or shape of part I want. It's probably for the best that I can't.

Regardless, awesome work as always my friend. Carry on!
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”